Lafayette 83 Bryan Station 67

The 11th Region is by far the best Region in the state.

Coming from a 12th Region homer like you!! I might print this off, frame it, and hang it on my wall!!

In all seriousness the region is loaded this year. Its hard to do the rankings week to week after #1. I look forward to the district and regional tournaments this season. Sadly I have a feeling, which I have had for a while, that Bryan Station is trending in the wrong direction.

Coming from a 12th Region homer like you!! I might print this off, frame it, and hang it on my wall!!

In all seriousness the region is loaded this year. Its hard to do the rankings week to week after #1. I look forward to the district and regional tournaments this season. Sadly I have a feeling, which I have had for a while, that Bryan Station is trending in the wrong direction.

It seems that way. I hate that because I like Tommy Johnson and Boss Boone is a lot of fun to watch. The gauntlet of the 11th is so brutal.

Bryan Station jumped out to a quick 8-2 lead, but once Lafayette got their press going it turned around quickly. By the end of the first quarter the Generals were up 25-13 and I don't think the margin ever got under about 8 the rest of the way.

Boone is really good, but he didn't have much help in this one.

Surratt was unstoppable inside for Lafayette. When I'd watched them a couple times earlier this year they have seemed to play better when he wasn't in, but this game he was dominant.

Let’s not act like there aren’t people who would disagree with that statement.

Who? The 7th and 9th have two really good teams, the 6th has 3 -- all of that pales in comparison to the 11th. Heck, I've said on here about 50x over the last 3 months what a gauntlet the 11th is.

If anyone thinks the 11th isn't BY FAR the best region in the state -- please step forward.

Very much agree with your comment on Station heading in the wrong direction, I think this can be said about some other teams across the state. Why does this happen every year, I'm still under the belief that the HS schedule might contain a few too many games, just to hard to keep kids focused. Your thoughts .

Very much agree with your comment on Station heading in the wrong direction, I think this can be said about some other teams across the state. Why does this happen every year, I'm still under the belief that the HS schedule might contain a few too many games, just to hard to keep kids focused. Your thoughts .

Early on everyone is excited about "proving people wrong" and motivated about a new season. Legs and more than anything else probably, mentally kids are refreshed. A lot of kids are logging a lot of minutes per game and the wear and tear physically and mentally is setting in. Also familiarity among teams takes the element of surprise from the game. I don't know if fewer games is the answer, maybe fewer minutes per game for some of the top performers on each team. This is what makes Scott County such a dangerous group down the stretch in my opinion.

I was sitting in the stands with a friend of mine at the Bryan Station/Scott County game volume 1 at Bryan Station. At halftime Station was up 12 and I looked at my friend and said "if Station losses this game it will have far lingering effects on them then it will on Scott County if they lose." So far that theory has held true.

I think coaches and teams around the area are starting to figure Bryan Station out to an extent. Eric Boone has played at a high level all year long but he has come a little closer down to earth in the last few weeks. Now, I don't say that as a dig on him or that he isn't still playing great because he is. I think he is a top 5 candidate for Mr. Basketball and should be the Player of the Year in the 11th Region. But he has come back down a little maybe because of a small injury or fatigue or whatever reason it may be. I also think teams are starting to figure out you have to let someone else on the team beat you other then Boone. When Bryan Station played Dunbar without Eric Boone and lost I think it showed a crack in the armor. So the way teams defend and attack Station has started to change. Boss can only do so much but for this team to get back to being at the level they were Burbage, Clayton-Murphy, Curry, and Morones HAVE to start to produce somewhere close to where they were at the beginning of the year. Station is such a intensity driven team, they thrive off the tempo and the atmosphere and getting teams out of their comfort level. If they don't have that swag or that killer mentality they lose confidence and honestly to me with the exception of Eric Boone, it looks like the rest of them have lost confidence and that's they worst thing to happen this time of year.