Boone County 65 Cooper 63

Kunkel not at 100% or just good defense on him?

Stats per Cincinnati.com

Boone County 65, Cooper 63 2OT

Cooper - Pittman 2 0 4, Kunkel 4 2 10, Ollier 2 4 8, Runion 0 2 2, McNeil 4 8 19, Walters 6 2 16, Shidler 1 0 3, Spencer 0 1 1. Totals: 19 19 63.

Boone County - Rogers 3 0 7, Haynes 14 10 40, Kyle 0 1 1, Gott 2 2 6, Robbins 3 1 8, Wheeler 1 1 3. Totals: 23 15 65.

Halftime: C 24-22. 3-pointers: B 4 (Haynes 2, Robbins, Rogers); C 6 (McNeil 3, Walters 2, Shidler).

Big win for the Rebels!! Haynes kid stole the show.

Told people this at the beginning of the season the kid had an over the top summer and he would surprise a lot of people. The key for him is to just go play and ignore the noise coming from the sidelines. He and Rogers are players when they are allowed to just go play. Good win for BC.

Jags will get it figured out I’m sure. Getting their leader back to full strength will be key down the stretch, and that’s not an excuse whatsoever. Learn from it and fix it.

Everyone that’s been saying it’s a two horse race better realize that there are 2-3 contenders beyond the two favorites that can pull off a win on any given night. Case in point right here.

Kunkel not at 100% or just good defense on him?

Stats per Cincinnati.com

Boone County 65, Cooper 63 2OT

Cooper - Pittman 2 0 4, Kunkel 4 2 10, Ollier 2 4 8, Runion 0 2 2, McNeil 4 8 19, Walters 6 2 16, Shidler 1 0 3, Spencer 0 1 1. Totals: 19 19 63.

Boone County - Rogers 3 0 7, Haynes 14 10 40, Kyle 0 1 1, Gott 2 2 6, Robbins 3 1 8, Wheeler 1 1 3. Totals: 23 15 65.

Halftime: C 24-22. 3-pointers: B 4 (Haynes 2, Robbins, Rogers); C 6 (McNeil 3, Walters 2, Shidler).

It was a combination of good defense, foul trouble and I would assume missed practice time that led to a sub-par performance for Kunkle. Boone did a good job of putting pressure on Cooper outside the 3 point line and challenging their shots. Boone has some decent talent but make a lot of mental errors which against top competition make it tough to win. If they can play more under control and bring the same intensity they can compete with most teams in the NKY area.

Told people this at the beginning of the season the kid had an over the top summer and he would surprise a lot of people. The key for him is to just go play and ignore the noise coming from the sidelines. He and Rogers are players when they are allowed to just go play. Good win for BC.

Jags will get it figured out I’m sure. Getting their leader back to full strength will be key down the stretch, and that’s not an excuse whatsoever. Learn from it and fix it.

Everyone that’s been saying it’s a two horse race better realize that there are 2-3 contenders beyond the two favorites that can pull off a win on any given night. Case in point right here.

Might be turning into a one horse race.

Might be turning into a one horse race.

It is not a one horse race, Cooper is still a big threat but do need to get healthy and back to playing at the level they were a few weeks ago. Also several other teams in the region could pull an upset on a given night.

@Yellow Card, you were absolutely correct in the update thread. My memory failed me. My son told me way back at the first meeting that it was a close game that Cooper won. My old age and Dunlaps Disease were playing tricks on me and I couldn't chew and recall at the same time. I obviously was concentrating more on my chew than my recall.

My larger point remains unchanged: Cooper probably wouldn't have been looking past Boone since it was such a competitive first matchup. It proved to be again in a very exciting double-OT win for the boys from Boone. Did someone mention popcorn?