Pulaski County 87 Somerset 62

I know Pulaski is good but they throttled a pretty good Somerset team.

Are there any 12th region teams that are a threat to the Maroons not making the Sweet 16?

Without question. Mercer County has already defeated Pulaski County by 10. West Jessamine is everyone's favorite 12th Region team right now and I'll need to see it to believe that Boyle County won't be the team to beat in the 12th in February. Wayne County is also rounding into form. The 12th Region champ will be one of those 5 teams.

Tough region. I got a chance to see Wayne, Somerset, Pulaski and Southwestern down in the Cumberlands. Combine Mercer, West J, and Boyle and that makes a pretty deep region. That one will be tough down the stretch. I will say this though, I was told either the district or region tourney is at Pulaski....Pulaski will be very hard to beat at home.

Nobody is beating Pulaski in the Region Tournament. Home court advantage!

The Pulaski I saw last night ... if they play like that - I agree.

Home court notwithstanding, the tourney match-ups will matter.

example - Pulaski will trap anyone, anywhere, anytime, and they're good at it. I can't seem them not doing that.

Mercer loved that - they exploited it. Pulaski then tried zone that game and just weren't comfortable. They need the energy that trap & rotate gives them.

Somerset - a good team - did poorly against it. Last night.

Boyle - to me they're sort of a 12th Region version of Cooper, whose defense and smart attacking of the Pulaski traps led them to a comfortable win in KOB. Not sure what happened in the 82-65 loss to Pulaski, didn't see it.

West - not physical enough to survive Pulaski (and possibly Somerset and Boyle for the same reason). Pulaski plays very physical, particularly on the offensive end.

Regular season, neutral court - throw them in a hat.

Regional play, home court - Mercer or Boyle can possibly beat Pulaski. West, Wayne, Somerset, others - need that beat to happen in an early round to have a shot. So they need West to beat Mercer in district finals and get Mercer-Pulaski in round 1.

We discussed this last year, but home court hasn't been a huge advantage in the 12th Region over the last several years. Obviously the fact that Pulaski hasn't been the favorite often when they've hosted and neither has Lincoln, so those numbers are slightly skewed. However, Pulaski is right at the top of the list of favorites and playing at home can't hurt.

We discussed this last year, but home court hasn't been a huge advantage in the 12th Region over the last several years. Obviously the fact that Pulaski hasn't been the favorite often when they've hosted and neither has Lincoln, so those numbers are slightly skewed. However, Pulaski is right at the top of the list of favorites and playing at home can't hurt.

I was waiting for you to chime in with this well known fact. We’ve some some great Pulaski County and Lincoln County teams lose during the region tournament on their home courts.

Different region refs can even things a bit. The Pulaski crowd is very aware of their advantage....they make officiating very difficult, it will take a strong crew to officiate a Pulaski game.

Some of the antics of Pulaski County players that are allowed by 12th Region referees won’t be allowed by different Region refs.