Covington Catholic 75 Pickerington Central (OH) 68 OT

CovCath had 15 point leads in both the first half and the 2nd half. Fredrick hit a 3 at the buzzer at halftime to put them up 9 after squandering a big lead. They they blew a big lead in the 2nd half that allowed Pick Central to hit a bucket at the buzzer to send it to OT.

The KOB and this tourney have been a gauntlet and what I think has been learned is they can be really good and they completely stink against really good pressure. The problem is it's not just one player turning the ball over . It's everyone.

Will they see teams that can press like Ballard, Fern Creek, and the 3 teams in the Florida tourney? I doubt it. If they do, though, it's a concern.

Good run for the team. It's how you learn what you need to work on.

CovCath had 15 point leads in both the first half and the 2nd half. Fredrick hit a 3 at the buzzer at halftime to put them up 9 after squandering a big lead. They they blew a big lead in the 2nd half that allowed Pick Central to hit a bucket at the buzzer to send it to OT.

The KOB and this tourney have been a gauntlet and what I think has been learned is they can be really good and they completely stink against really good pressure. The problem is it's not just one player turning the ball over . It's everyone.

Will they see teams that can press like Ballard, Fern Creek, and the 3 teams in the Florida tourney? I doubt it. If they do, though, it's a concern.

Good run for the team. It's how you learn what you need to work on.

Thanks for the update @ColonelPops

And I agree CovCath is battle tested and in my opinion the favorite in the 9th Region.

CJ Fredrick named to the All-Tournament Team and becomes the 24th member of CCH’s 1000 Point Club.

Michael Mayer pulls down 12 rebounds in the game and is named to the Rookie All-Tournament Team (Freshman-Sophomore).

Casey Nowak does so many things that don't show up on stat lines, with great defense, protects the ball, takes charges. A pleasure to watch.

I would have loved to have seen Pickerington Central’s junior PG Jeremiah Francis (North Carolina) play. He sat out with a knee injury.

Edited by Runcible Owl