Cooper 62 Covington Catholic 59 (Take #2)

The Cooper Jags beat the Colonels to place 3rd in the prestigious King of the Bluegrass Basketball Tournament.

So far I have heard the following excuses for the CovCath loss:

1. CovCath has no rhythm on offense.

2. CovCath turns the ball over too much.

3. CovCath's AJ Mayer didn't play.

4. The Refs called too many contact fouls.

5. Cooper out-coached CovCath.

6. CovCath doesn't utilize their talent correctly.

7. CovCath had exams this week.

8. Driving two hours each way back and forth to Louisville was too much for CovCath.

I won't partake in any of the silliness/excuses.

I will say that this game was a bonus for both coaches as it gives them one more chance to see how matchups do or do not work before they inevitably meet in the 9th region tourney. Both teams will point to things they need to work on.

I can't wait for Jan 12th to see Round 2.

The Cooper Jags beat the Colonels to place 3rd in the prestigious King of the Bluegrass Basketball Tournament.

8. Driving two hours each way back and forth to Louisville was too much for CovCath.

Except for the fouls (have to adjust to the refs), probably all have merit to a degree. But here are the turnover stats for the tourney:

1) CovCath 59

2) Ballard 58

3) Fairdale 48

4) Fern Creek 46

5) Lexington Christian 41

6) West Linn 37

7) Walton Verona 36

8) Cooper 36

Something the Colonels need to get cleaned up.

Except for the fouls (have to adjust to the refs), probably all have merit to a degree. But here are the turnover stats for the tourney:

1) CovCath 59

2) Ballard 58

3) Fairdale 48

4) Fern Creek 46

5) Lexington Christian 41

6) West Linn 37

7) Walton Verona 36

8) Cooper 36

Something the Colonels need to get cleaned up.

Correct on CCH but it's tough to make a comparison between these two when CCH got Ballard and Fern Creek and Cooper got Trinity and CCH. Neither Trinity nor CCH do what Ballard and FC do defensively.

Correct on CCH but it's tough to make a comparison between these two when CCH got Ballard and Fern Creek and Cooper got Trinity and CCH. Neither Trinity nor CCH do what Ballard and FC do defensively.

No doubt the schedule played into it (both opponents and turn around time), but it's an area for CovCath to get better. I know what future opponents are going to be doing. They may not have the personnel of Ballard and Fern Creek, but they will try.

No doubt the schedule played into it (both opponents and turn around time), but it's an area for CovCath to get better. I know what future opponents are going to be doing. They may not have the personnel of Ballard and Fern Creek, but they will try.

If it’s not something you do it won’t work. It’s like watching Syracuse and deciding you’re going to play zone against a team.

No ones press is like Ballard’s.

To me it seemed that the better team won the game. I’m not sold on the big kid from CCH. Wasn’t impressed this year or last year at the KOB. He’s big and has the body I just don’t see the hype. May just be the few times I’ve seen him though. Chris Mack knows what he’s doing though so I’ll defer to him.

When you say "excuses," you imply that someone is trying to lessen the blame on one party and justify a loss.

Out of your eight reasons for the loss, I only see four that qualify as excuses and one is questionable on whether or not it's an excuse, but I highlighted all four.

AJ Mayer not playing isn't really an excuse, but just more of a fact that they weren't at full strength.

If anything, no rhythm, turning the ball over too much, being out-coached, and not utilizing the talent correctly (which, to me, falls under being out-coached), is acknowledging weaknesses, rather than making excuses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like you were just looking for reasons to bash CCH's team.

I don’t think this thread was started to bash CCH. What is evident is that some, not all, CCH fans illustrated some “reasoning” for the loss to Cooper instead of just chalking it up to the other team was better and “it” happens. 2 years ago someone started a thread asking “Is CCH on the verge of becoming the greatest “Dynasty” of all time in the 9th Region? And then this preseason most of what was posted was this years team was so deep with 9-10 players that it was “inferred” that no one in NKY or many from the state could hang with them. Now, all that may pan out to be true as it is way too early to tell but when posters start those types of threads and make/infer those types outcomes, they have to be prepared for this type of thread to be started.

One thing is certain, games have to be played because other teams aren’t paying any attention to comments being placed on BGP and if they are they are using it as fuel. Just my opinion.

I don’t think this thread was started to bash CCH. What is evident is that some, not all, CCH fans illustrated some “reasoning” for the loss to Cooper instead of just chalking it up to the other team was better and “it” happens. 2 years ago someone started a thread asking “Is CCH on the verge of becoming the greatest “Dynasty” of all time in the 9th Region? And then this preseason most of what was posted was this years team was so deep with 9-10 players that it was “inferred” that no one in NKY or many from the state could hang with them. Now, all that may pan out to be true as it is way too early to tell but when posters start those types of threads and make/infer those types outcomes, they have to be prepared for this type of thread to be started.

One thing is certain, games have to be played because other teams aren’t paying any attention to comments being placed on BGP and if they are they are using it as fuel. Just my opinion.

Nailed it!!!