What is the greatest college basketball play of all time?

Randy Parker

Does Laettner's top Lorenzo Charles winning the 1983 NCAA title game?

That was my very close #2.

Just the play itself, I think Laettner's is slightly better. If you include Jimmy V running all over the place, the NC State one is better. But again, I am just focusing on the plays themselves.

What criteria are we using? Memorable, highlight worthy, best executed, impactful?

Whatever you want to use.

Memorable was the one that weighed heaviest for me, and not just as a UK fan. Importance/Impactful was another one, which is why the NC State play is so high too.

I go with Lorenzo Charles over Laettner because it was in the NC game and not a regional final. However, NO PLAY IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE HOOPS gave me more joy than the Laettner shot:)! Just have never been a UK fan even though I grew up in NKY and almost all of my friends were big UK fans.

Just to be different give me Kris Jenkin's 3 to beat UNC 2 years ago. This would be an easy choice had Gordon Haywards shot against Duke banked an inch lower on the backboard.

My daughter was a freshman at Butler that year. She was actually at the game since it was in Indy. I told her she did not know how lucky she was that in her freshman year at Butler, that was the year they made it to the finals. I told her Butler would never go to the NC game again...and then they did again her sophomore year...she called me a hater...lol

Just to be different give me Kris Jenkin's 3 to beat UNC 2 years ago. This would be an easy choice had Gordon Haywards shot against Duke banked an inch lower on the backboard.

The sequence of plays (UNC lefty hitting the off-balance 3 followed by Jenkins shot) is the craziest ending.