Highlands 58 St. Henry 57

Congrats to the Bluebirds on the win. St.Henry needs to get their act together. They do not know what is a good or a bad shot, and who should be taking them. Their entrance passes for the most part to the inside are atrocious. They continue to get beat down the lane on defense. I could go on, but think I need the 24 hour rule.

St.Henry won the JV game. I got there early 4th and they were up quite a bit. Non starters were playing and Highlands cut the lead to 3. I think it was #22 was throwing in some bombs for Highlands. St.Henry put starters back in and won by 8 or so. Bessler did play JV for St.Henry.

Highlands - Roberts 1 0 2, Hegge 1 2 5, Gabbard 6 7 21, Huber 2 0 4, Doe 3 1 8, Starkey 1 3 5, Gulley 3 1 7, Schoellman 2 0 6. Totals 19 14 58.

St. Henry - Berling 2 1 5, Vieth 5 5 15, Schaeffer 1 3 5, Machcinski 0 1 1, Croyle 5 0 13, Becker 2 4 8, Westerbeck 2 0 5, Brockman 2 1 5. Totals 19 15 57.

Halftime: H 30-24. 3-pointers: H 6 (Gabbard 2, Schoellman 2, Hegge, Doe); SH 4 (Croyle 3, Westerbeck).

Congrats to the Bluebirds on the win. St.Henry needs to get their act together. They do not know what is a good or a bad shot, and who should be taking them. Their entrance passes for the most part to the inside are atrocious. They continue to get beat down the lane on defense. I could go on, but think I need the 24 hour rule.

I was not at last night’s game. From previous Cru games I watched, I think floor leadership is missing. Need someone to “direct traffic” on defense. I also question the line up and playing time decisions. Faust is loyal to his seniors and that is admirable, for sure. But talent is talent and that’s who has to play to get the results, IMO.

Even after getting moved to Varsity the other night?

He did get moved up to varsity the other night (vs.Ryle). McArtor is hurt and it helped the numbers bringing him up (even though they are different type players). In varsity action,he probably played about 8 minutes in the Ryle game and less than that in the Highlands game. So, yes he is still playing JV along with getting some varsity minutes.