Who is the one player you would hate to lose in the State Finals?

Bac2369

Who is that ONE player that if he got hurt a couple plays into the game or he is just sick and can’t play that would hurt your teams shot at the Championship? I would like to hear all your thoughts from all the teams in the Finals especially from the Class 1A fans of Beechwood and Raceland.

The only player that Beechwood would have a hard time without is Quarterback Brayden Burch. The kid is just a flat out leader and winner. He always seems cool under pressure. I still think the offense would figure it out without him but it would be extremely difficult. I’m sure most teams would say the same position because the quarterback is just that 1 position that is the most difficult to replace.

The only player that Beechwood would have a hard time without is Quarterback Brayden Burch. The kid is just a flat out leader and winner. He always seems cool under pressure. I still think the offense would figure it out without him but it would be extremely difficult. I’m sure most teams would say the same position because the quarterback is just that 1 position that is the most difficult to replace.

I would speculate that our Covcath brethren would say the same thing about A.J. Mayer. As impressive a high school field general as I have seen in many years.

If there were ever a team that could lose a QB first play of the championship and still pull it off, it would be this year’s Mayfield team. It doesn’t hurt that they’ve ran a 2 QB system all year. Would rather it not be Guthrie, but the one player Mayfield can not afford to lose would be #6 Trey Matthews

Looks like the consensus here is everyone's qb...... From watching Madison Southern's game the other night it seems as they are more of a run team though. Not knocking the qb by any means because I think he has put up some good #'s running and passing but they may be hurt as much as CCH would be if our qb went out... IMO....

Looks like the consensus here is everyone's qb...... From watching Madison Southern's game the other night it seems as they are more of a run team though. Not knocking the qb by any means because I think he has put up some good #'s running and passing but they may be hurt as much as CCH would be if our qb went out... IMO....

Nevermind..... Here is an article about his success. Looks like he is a great leader for Madison Southern with some hugh #'s. Foot in mouth! Will be a better game than most anticipate but still expect CCH to come out on top....

HS FOOTBALL: Senior quarterback Landen Stacy has been a big part of Southern’s success | Sports | richmondregister.com

Edited by CCHColonels44
Forgot Link to article

Carter Smith of Madison Southern.

Watched their game v. Harlan County, and there was a discussion in the game thread about how impressive the FB could run the ball. I thought he was equally as good at LB. Tackling machine and the impact player on their defense.

Lose him on offense - Stacy and Eads might be able to make up the running yardage, and both can run for TDs. Lose him on defense - MS has a huge D line and very good D backs. Smith is the glue in the middle.

Lose him both ways - ouch.

Edited by Runcible Owl