Florida woman buys $1800 worth of goods for $3.80

Lawnboy13

Wonder how she was caught? Im assuming she was stupid enough to go through the cashiers line and not a self scanner(if there was one). We bought some goods from a local Home Depot once, when we got home the misses looks at the receipt and notices they either didnt scan decently priced item or it didnt take. I said sweetness sometimes you get lucky. The wife did a "not so fast my friend" and promptly drove it back.

@Jumper_Dad what say you?

Happens all the time.

We caught two teenage girls in London from very affluent families taking .25 cent stickers off of plastic cups and placing them on cosmetics once. They paid about $6 for $400+ worth of makeup at the self checkout.

One other case there were two couples paying the boyfriend of a cashier to have her let them through her register without paying for everything. In just over 4 weeks we determined through video review that she allowed them to get well over $10,000 in unpaid for merchandise, including DVD's, cart loads of meat, clothing and power tools. She would ring one item and put 10 or 15 in a bag without ringing them up...2nd biggest internal case that I ever worked.

Happens all the time.

We caught two teenage girls in London from very affluent families taking .25 cent stickers off of plastic cups and placing them on cosmetics once. They paid about $6 for $400+ worth of makeup at the self checkout.

One other case there were two couples paying the boyfriend of a cashier to have her let them through her register without paying for everything. In just over 4 weeks we determined through video review that she allowed them to get well over $10,000 in unpaid for merchandise, including DVD's, cart loads of meat, clothing and power tools. She would ring one item and put 10 or 15 in a bag without ringing them up...2nd biggest internal case that I ever worked.

I hope in both cases they had a view behind metal bars.

Happens all the time.

It kind of makes you wonder if these people would put their ingenuity to something positive instead of trying to get away with theft. Good for video review! It's sad this stuff happens all the time.