BluegrassPreps' Class 3A Rankings - Discussion (10/23)

Ram

Class 3A

No team in Class 3A looks better coming down the stretch than the Boyle County Rebels. Chuck Smith's crew absolutely embarrassed Western Hills, much like they have embarrassed competition all season, and move a step closer to the top spot. Corbin didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but they did get into a somewhat unexpected dogfight with Casey County that was tied in the 4th Quarter, before the Redhounds pulled away aided by Casey County miscues. Class 3A is ending the Regular Season in style with seven of the ten teams playing ranked foes from other classes. As a result, we may see one more final shakeup before it is all said and done.

1. Belfry vs. 4A #3 Johnson Central

2. Boyle County at 4A Mercer County

3. Corbin vs. 4A #7 Knox Central

4. Elizabethtown at 2A #9 Glasgow

5. Central vs. 6A #6 Pleasure Ridge Park

6. Caldwell County vs. 2A #3 Mayfield

7. Lexington Catholic at 5A #7 Southwestern

8. Casey County at Adair County

9. Fleming County vs. 1A #2 Paintsville

10. Larue County at 1A Campbellsville

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving Boyle County to the #2 spot is the right move, IMO. They are on a collision course to meet Belfry at Kroger Field.

If Boyle Co and E'town meet in semi's who is the host? I think it is E'town/ Region 1 this year. If so that could be an interesting match up come Thanksgiving weekend.

And yes Chuck Smith has only picked up where he left off some years ago at Boyle County. Expect the same for however long he is there to continue.

If Boyle Co and E'town meet in semi's who is the host? I think it is E'town/ Region 1 this year. If so that could be an interesting match up come Thanksgiving weekend.

If Boyle makes it to the state semifinals they will be on the road. Either Elizabethtown, Caldwell County, or any other Region I club would play host.

Didn't Lexington Catholic travel to E-town last year for the right to go to Bowling Green? Why are they hosing 2 years in a row? This cross bracketing is dis-advantage to some districts. Our district has to travel for the region championship and guess what.....we have to travel for a Regional Championship next season also. This is wrong in my book as home field is a advantage.

Edited by Rebel

Didn't Lexington Catholic travel to E-town last year for the right to go to Bowling Green? Why are they hosing 2 years in a row? This cross bracketing is dis-advantage to some districts. Our district has to travel for the region championship and guess what.....we have to travel for a Regional Championship next season also. This is wrong in my book as home field is a advantage.

LexCath didn't play Etown

They got eliminated by central

Are you sure about that? I know Im getting old, but could have swore that Belfry beat Catholic last year for the 3A title.

HAHA

Belfry beat Central last year

Two years ago was when belfry beat LexCath (which is when they travelled to Etown int he Semis)

Tilghman should be in the 9-10 range. Lost to Caldwell on a last second FG. Lost to 6A McCracken on a botched PAT. The Tornado have been playing well down the stretch.

The Caldwell close call is one thing... but unlike years past I am not sure if the loss to McCracken is a positive or a negative to their case. When Daviess County is your best quality win as a 6A school that is not a very strong resume.

I think Tilghman is definitely hanging around the Top 10 though.. whether in it or just outside it. I definitely agree with that.

I get moving Boyle to #2...kinda.

So was Corbin dropping to #3 the result of undefeated Casey playing such a miserably weak schedule?

I for one have been tough on Casey, but apparently there is more to this squad then I thought. I mean Corbin has beaten some really good teams and lost to a great team. For Casey to be in the game in the 4th quarter is pretty good I think.

So if Mercer plays Boyle tough for 3 quarters would Boyle drop as well?

I get moving Boyle to #2...kinda.

So was Corbin dropping to #3 the result of undefeated Casey playing such a miserably weak schedule?

I for one have been tough on Casey, but apparently there is more to this squad then I thought. I mean Corbin has beaten some really good teams and lost to a great team. For Casey to be in the game in the 4th quarter is pretty good I think.

So if Mercer plays Boyle tough for 3 quarters would Boyle drop as well?

My guess is it is less about Corbin and more about the freight train that is Boyle County right now.

With that said, and if you needed to make an argument. Casey County and Western Hills were pretty equally paired teams entering last week.

One got wiped off the face of the planet, the other was right in the game until they self destructed in the 4th Quarter.