Long Distance Games

THS2011

With Champagnt coming to visit Trinity this weekend, I was curious on everyone's thoughts about long distance games. Would you like to see your team travel to a Florida, Texas, Michigan, California, New Jersey? If so, would you attend the game? I, for certain, would attend the game. I find it thrilling and rewarding to attend road games, experience an atmosphere different from the norm.

We played a team out of Miami Florida my Jr and Sr year (Jr year up here, Sr year in Miami.) It was a great experience. They were a team that was at our team camp we went to in June every year at Wofford College, that's how it came about. Got to spend the weekends together after the game on Friday.

I love road games. If I can drive there in less than a day I would go to a faraway road game, but I don't do airplanes LOL.

I love to go see how other schools do things at their stadiums. What kind of surroundings they have, how big their fan base is, concessions etc. Plus I just enjoy driving.

I noticed on the KHSAA website that Pikeville is traveling to play at Calloway County on October 6. You can't take a much longer trip within the state than that to play a game. That's not as long a distance as Trinity playing Florida teams, but it is unusual to see that long of a road trip with teams that are not nationally ranked powers.

I was looking forward to the game Trinity had scheduled with Bishop Gorman.

It was a home and away agreement. I was looking forward to flying into Las Vegas and making a mini vacation out of it. Also there is a Trinity alum out there I looked forward to seeing again. Trinity class of '92. He is very prominent in the Las Vegas community. Regrettably the agreement between the two schools fell through.

I was looking forward to the game Trinity had scheduled with Bishop Gorman.

It was a home and away agreement. I was looking forward to flying into Las Vegas and making a mini vacation out of it. Also there is a Trinity alum out there I looked forward to seeing again. Trinity class of '92. He is very prominent in the Las Vegas community. Regrettably the agreement between the two schools fell through.

BG deemed Trinity not "sexy" enough after the 2013 season when Trinity went 6-6. The agreement was for 2014/2015.

BG played at McCallie (Chattanooga), TN in 2012. Once we saw the schedule, we made plans to attend. Their campus and stadium were really cool and the game was a terrific one. It is one of my fondest memories of going to a BG game. So yes, I would go.

Our local little league takes a team to Daytona every year over Thanksgiving...I've gone twice and it's a great trip. We usually eat Turkey around the pool and play a couple of games that weekend. Both years there were parents there that had older sons playing that weekend in the Semi State game...both years they flew back to KY on Friday morning and returned to Daytona Saturday morning.

With Champagnt coming to visit Trinity this weekend, I was curious on everyone's thoughts about long distance games. Would you like to see your team travel to a Florida, Texas, Michigan, California, New Jersey? If so, would you attend the game? I, for certain, would attend the game. I find it thrilling and rewarding to attend road games, experience an atmosphere different from the norm.

It is unfortunate Trinity administration has declared a four hour travel limit by bus. A New Jersey school offered home and home as well as Georgia and a few others. Maybe someday. Trinity tries to "sweeten the pot" to entice Kentucky schools, with mixed success.

I don't favor long distance games. I saw that Lloyd was playing Marion County and considered that too far.

When I was in H.S. my wrestling team made a three hour bus ride for simultaneous dual meets. Even now, as soon as I get in a car I have trouble staying awake. I was so sluggish by the time we got there all I wanted to do was lay down. Somehow I managed to win both of my matches but I don't think my demeanor inspired much confidence from my coach. It turned out I was involved in the last match and I had to win in order not to ruin my coach's long win streak. He sure was glad when the ref raised my arm in victory. All I wanted to do was go lay down some where. Incidentally, my coach held the record for consecutive dual meet victories in our state for many years after that.

So i don't like long distance away games.

Travel games, where you have to stay overnight... I think are pretty much a waste. It can be fun, but why? Too much expense, too much bother. Bah hum bug.

I know Cincy St. X played St. John Bosco (California) at Nippert last year. They've played teams from Maryland, NJ, and Alabama too. They also are playing a team from Canada this year.

I really can't wait to see how Trinity does and hope other schools try to schedule some out of state schools (not counting Ohio/Indiana)