BluegrassPreps Class 3A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Class 3A

For the first time in a long while you can legitimately say that Class 3A appears to be a wide-open race. Though the reigning 4-time Champs will wait a week to show what they are bringing to the table, the rest of the Class 3A Top 10 opens in what might be the most exciting opening week this class has enjoyed in recent memory. Literally every game brings a story line or a marquee match-up. Probably the two most anticipated games will feature Central taking on perennially strong 6A Manual and Boyle County testing the progress of their youth against ever-athletic John Hardin. Western Hills is a bit of newcomer to Top 10 status and will immediately be asked to validate themselves against their County rival.

1. Belfry -- OPEN

2. Corbin at 5A Whitley County (8/19)

3. Elizabethtown at 4A #5 Franklin-Simpson

4. Central at 6A #8 DuPont Manual

5. Lexington Catholic at 6A Madison Central (8/19)

6. Boyle County vs. 4A #7 John Hardin at Mercer County (8/19)

7. Russell -- OPEN

8. Caldwell County vs. 5A #2 Christian County

9. Paducah Tilghman at 6A McCracken County (8/19)

10. Western Hills at 4A Franklin County

Belfry looks to be the favorite once again, can anyone knock them off the top? Is Central where they belong? Can Corbin be the surprise of 2017? Who is just outside the Top10 and looking to get in? Who could drop early in the season?

Just give Belfry the trophy and don't risk injuries. They are on a different level until proven otherwise

Every team in 3A right now is praying that Belfry can't replace their Offensive and Defensive Lines.

Everyone in Belfry is praying that there is a ton of talent who were just waiting for their time to shine.

Me personally, I think Belfry will be just fine on the OLine, maybe even surprisingly good... but DLine scares me to death.

I can't help but think of how many times Ray Horton came up with a big stop over his career when Belfry needed it. I also can't get out of mind Cole Bentley taking on a double team and Austin Hall's consistency at DE. I simply cannot see Belfry being close to that level up front on D.

Every team in 3A right now is praying that Belfry can't replace their Offensive and Defensive Lines.

Everyone in Belfry is praying that there is a ton of talent who were just waiting for their time to shine.

Me personally, I think Belfry will be just fine on the OLine, maybe even surprisingly good... but DLine scares me to death.

I can't help but think of how many times Ray Horton came up with a big stop over his career when Belfry needed it. I also can't get out of mind Cole Bentley taking on a double team and Austin Hall's consistency at DE. I simply cannot see Belfry being close to that level up front on D.

Belfry for sure is going to have to do some things differently with the talent they have, but they still have the talent. IMO Belfry has 2 more years of this solid run before the field catches up to them. Not saying they cant be knocked of a time or two in that time frame.

Belfry for sure is going to have to do some things differently with the talent they have, but they still have the talent. IMO Belfry has 2 more years of this solid run before the field catches up to them. Not saying they cant be knocked of a time or two in that time frame.

Yep.. as you are well aware... this current Sophomore Class may have been even better than the departed Senior Class when they were in Middle School. They also add a piece in the Freshman Seth Mounts that I think may have the potential to be one of the truly special type of talents to come through Belfry on Defense.

With that said, the one glaring hole I have noticed the past couple years is DT's. With Baisden leaving for Mingo Central that hole got even bigger.

Belfry is extremely talented at LB'er... like scary good. I think the LB'ers will be the best remedy for helping cover up the youth on the DLine.

Just give Belfry the trophy and don't risk injuries. They are on a different level until proven otherwise

Much different this year. They are loaded at skill positions but are going to be very green up front on both sides of the ball.

I expect them to take at least a couple losses in the regular season.

I caught a glimpse of Watusi crafting his response.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63184[/ATTACH]

But I really mean it. :D

Etown has 23 seniors, and every skill guy back. They will make a run at the title in my opinion.
E'town is LEGIT and are going to be scary good. I couldn't argue with anyone who puts them as the preseason #1 team as Corbin and Belfry have a lot of parts to replace.

This top 6 are all very good, IMO