Mason County's Darius Miller Returning to the NBA

Darius Miller will be returning to the NBA.

The 2008 Mason County graduate has agreed to a deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to basketball reporter David Pick.

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/darius-miller-making-nba-return/article_08f64ae5-369b-52cf-b498-4d2b296eee17.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they cut him once? Congrats to Darius, thrilled to see our kids do well.

Yes, he's been playing in Germany and doing very well. I think they won back to back titles and he was the MVP. Word was he was only coming back if he got a good NBA deal.

Yes, he's been playing in Germany and doing very well. I think they won back to back titles and he was the MVP. Word was he was only coming back if he got a good NBA deal.

This is pretty much the story. Has been making a nice living in Germany.

This is pretty much the story. Has been making a nice living in Germany.

I can't imagine being a 9-12th man off the bench for an NBA team would pay anywhere near to what he makes in Germany. Can see wanting to getting back in the states and NBA, but isn't this a step back financially?

I can't imagine being a 9-12th man off the bench for an NBA team would pay anywhere near to what he makes in Germany. Can see wanting to getting back in the states and NBA, but isn't this a step back financially?

My guess is he's going to be making much more. Probably 2-3X more

If he's signed to a 1 year minimum salary deal, he's going to make $1,524,305. Definitely more than he'd make in Germany.

I thought the NBA minimum was half that amount or less, if that's the case he probably wouldn't make that amount over many seasons in Germany. Does that minimum amount apply to free agents and players that come in from the D-League as well?

I thought the NBA minimum was half that amount or less, if that's the case he probably wouldn't make that amount over many seasons in Germany. Does that minimum amount apply to free agents and players that come in from the D-League as well?

It depends on how many seasons of service you have. 0 years is $815,615

He has 3 years so the min is $1,524,305 for 1 year contract and $1,600,520 for the 2nd year. Assuming they gave him the minimum. Not sure if any of it's guaranteed. I'd assume at least the first year is or he wouldn't have taken the deal.

The NBA minimum is based on years of service. If you're on an NBA roster for even one day in a season, you accumulate a year of service. Miller has 3 years of service so his is the $1.5M.

A guy that has never been in the league signed to a minimum deal would make roughly $800K.

NBA Minimum Salary Structure

It depends on how many seasons of service you have. 0 years is $815,615

He has 3 years so the min is $1,524,305 for 1 year contract and $1,600,520 for the 2nd year. Assuming they gave him the minimum. Not sure if any of it's guaranteed. I'd assume at least the first year is or he wouldn't have taken the deal.

Just wondering, if he gets cut before the season starts, does he get all of that 1.5? What happens to him returning back to Germany at this point?

Just wondering, if he gets cut before the season starts, does he get all of that 1.5? What happens to him returning back to Germany at this point?

No one has any of those details at this point that I've seen. I'm guessing the first year is guaranteed. So if they cut him (Which they wouldn't) he would still get paid and would be free to go back to Germany.