Cubs Catcher Rips Pitching Staff

Clyde

He's right !!! Hard to throw anybody out when they are getting running leads ... this is a guy with a cannon too for an arm ... I think that staff has fallen into the John Lester kind of thinking ... kills your defense when there is someone always in scoring position ...

Lets face it there is very little team concept in professional sports anymore anyway except the New England Patriots ... I do not agree with all the call outs in sports anymore but sometimes a spade is a spade ... it's funny when some do it we say it's because that person is passionate about the game and when another guy does it that he is a bad teammate... either way , it is what it is ... they are all getting overpaid millions of dollars so DO YOUR JOB ... just my opinion of course ...

He's right !!! Hard to throw anybody out when they are getting running leads ... this is a guy with a cannon too for an arm ... I think that staff has fallen into the John Lester kind of thinking ... kills your defense when there is someone always in scoring position ...

You must have low standards or not watch the Cubs much.

Miggy may be right but you don't put that out in the media. He's a loud mouth which is why Arizona had no problem letting him go. After his remarks after the World Series and now this, he needs to go.

Guess I'm failing to see how he is right. Contreras is 11th in all MLB at .340%. He's thrown out 16 or 47 runners. Montero has caught 1 of 32. Yeah, it's the pitchers fault. Clown.

And to your point, Rizzo made the following statement:

"When you point fingers you're a selfish player. We have another catcher that throws everyone out."

I hate it for Miguel. His comment after the World Series (quote: I was surprised I wasn't used more) wasn't all that bad, though the headlines of the story turned it around a bit.

He took the time to study...and became an American citizen last month.

He had helped mentor some of the younger players over the last couple of years (per the Cubs TV announcers)...which can be an invaluable aid to new guys.

You could frequently see him talking pleasantly with umpires and opposing players as they approached the plate. I'm sure some don't think that's necessary, nor even a good thing, but I do. (Love watching Rizzo grinning and joshing with opposing base runners.)

But what Miggy said just wasn't excusable. To his credit, Jake Arrieta excused him...but management couldn't.

As mentioned above, cross-town announcer Ken Harrelson would say, "He gone."