Valparaiso to join Missouri Valley Conference

Curious if the Horizon will look to replace Valpo or stick with what they've got? Without football, I'm not sure who they'd go after. Perhaps Western Illinois, who play football in the MVC (just like Horizon member Youngstown State)?

I'm just saying...Valpo took Murray's spot and many MSU fans are salty

Or the spot was never Murray's to begin with....

I've seen quite a bit of what you're saying on twitter and find it funny. They preferred Valpo. I don't blame them.

I'm just saying...Valpo took Murray's spot and many MSU fans are salty

Not sure salty, but more so disappointed because the OVC is hot garbage. I know I am, but was also realistic in knowing that it would be a big leap so I never got my hopes up.

I don't think the MVC is done expanding, so Murray State could be next. I always got the sense Valpo was #1 with Murray behind them.

Will Valpo move all athletics to the MVC? Stay Pioneer in football?

I don't think the MVC is done expanding, so Murray State could be next. I always got the sense Valpo was #1 with Murray behind them.

Will Valpo move all athletics to the MVC? Stay Pioneer in football?

MVC football and MVC basketball are separate entities. There are five current MVC members that play both (Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, and Southern Illinois), but there is also Drake who plays non-scholarship football in the Pioneer. I'd bet almost everything Valpo will remain a Pioneer football school.

MVC football and MVC basketball are separate entities.
Interesting. I knew they had the same logo, but only a few teams are in both.

And for the record, Valpo has no business moving to the football conference. That thing is a beast.

And for the record, Valpo has no business moving to the football conference. That thing is a beast.

Absolutely. They are pretty terrible at non-scholarship football; I can't imagine they'd make that leap. I do wonder if they'll pull in more money through TV/tournament units in the MVC? If (big if) they wanted to move to scholarship football they'd need more money.

The Horizon will fill their spot and maybe expand ...............if they can find schools to make the leap. Not as easy to do as in the past since geographically the schools that make sense are becoming fewer and fewer.

You almost cannot stay static anymore because you run the risk of a couple of other schools jumping and then losing the auto-bid.

The Horizon will fill their spot and maybe expand ...............if they can find schools to make the leap. Not as easy to do as in the past since geographically the schools that make sense are becoming fewer and fewer.

You almost cannot stay static anymore because you run the risk of a couple of other schools jumping and then losing the auto-bid.

I would think the Horizon League would work hard to find a replacement to keep 10 teams. This makes scheduling much easier if every team has a travel partner. I would think there would be a team interested, although I haven't taken time to analyze who that might be.

I would think the Horizon League would work hard to find a replacement to keep 10 teams. This makes scheduling much easier if every team has a travel partner. I would think there would be a team interested, although I haven't taken time to analyze who that might be.

IUPUI or IUPUFW are the two most obvious candidates geographically.

Lipscomb wouldn't expand your geographic footprint too much.

IUPUI or IUPUFW are the two most obvious candidates geographically.

Lipscomb wouldn't expand your geographic footprint too much.

I would like Lipscomb to fill Valpo's spot. Gives me en excuse to travel to Nashville, not that I really need one.