Semi Truck Tried to put me in the Ohio River

plantmanky

Nothing like the daily drive across the bridge until a Semi Truck just comes on over into your lane with you still there and tries to put you in the wall and over into the river. Of course he kept right on going too. No serious damage per say, dented in the front driver panel and busted the mirror off. Had I not seen him coming over right from the get go it would have been worse.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing like the daily drive across the bridge until a Semi Truck just comes on over into your lane with you still there and tries to put you in the wall and over into the river. Of course he kept right on going too. No serious damage per say, dented in the front driver panel and busted the mirror off. Had I not seen him coming over right from the get go it would have been worse.
Glad you're ok.

Had a similar issue, not on the bridge, happen to me a few years ago. Driving NB I-75 near Ft. Wright KY. Semi just came into my lane, dented my door. I tried to get him to stop, he saw me flagging him down all the way into Cincinnati but he would not stop. I made a report with FW Police and my insurance company, truck #, truck license, complete description of driver, etc. My insurance company came back with "a witness which was another truck driver said you came into his lane", which was a lie but I wasn't surprised he'd get a buddy trucker to lie for him. My POS insurance company at the time was of NO help so I contacted the trucking company myself with all the info. My Dad was a teamster so I used that angle and told them I would file in Kenton County Court. Next thing I know a check was mailed to my house. I got lucky.

BTW forgot to add, gotta love Cincy PD. The Cop literally said, you're screwed sorry and left me by PBS where I pulled off. Didnt even offer to dispatch a tow (didnt need one car still drove me to work till I can get under it tonight.)

You had KY plates.

20170314_095854_1489507816276_resized.jpg

Truck drivers are some of the biggest morons on the planet.

Some of them are, not going to disagree. However, I have seen more than my share of people treating semi trucks with zero respect. (Not saying that was the case here @plantmanky ) I'm honestly surprised we don't have more accidents where a passenger car gets crushed from behind, considering how frequently people pull over in front of those trucks.

Some of them are, not going to disagree. However, I have seen more than my share of people treating semi trucks with zero respect. (Not saying that was the case here @plantmanky ) I'm honestly surprised we don't have more accidents where a passenger car gets crushed from behind, considering how frequently people pull over in front of those trucks.

Wont disagree with your points here I see it all the time 4 wheelers zipping and zooming around the Semis.

Don't disagree. However, they show zero respect for anyone else on the road. At least 2-3 times a day I see semis in the left or center lanes doing about 40 in a 65. Those idiots are backing up traffic for miles, all because they can't be inconvenienced to get the heck over into the right hand lane.