Taking Charges - Fairdale's Seth Dewboys taken 52 for 2016-17

Seth Dewboys has taken 52 charges this season. Taken 95 in his high school career. He still has several more games this season. Will he reach 100?

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about this stat.

Yeah its not scoring or rebounding its not worth writing about. Doing the little things to help a team win is boring.

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about this stat.

Yeah its not scoring or rebounding its not worth writing about. Doing the little things to help a team win is boring.

Anyone that puts their body on the line like that for their team has my respect. Even if the call itself is one of the most controversial ones in the game.

I think it should absolutely be removed from basketball. Probably causes more wrist injuries than anything in the game combined. Move your feet, contest the shot and stop sliding under basketball players....just my opinion

I completely agree. Puts both kids at risk. And few referees actually know how to call it correctly anyway. Some are so in love with calling a charge, they don't even really look.

I think you assumed a great deal about my post.....

You are very correct, the little things make a huge difference many times, and taking a charge in completely legal, and part of the game.

I didn't mean to make light of this young man's accomplishments.

I give kudos to the young man for exploiting a glitch in the game to his teams favor.

However,

When it comes to charging calls, I've seen so many charging calls made with not enough contact made to shew a fly. Then the defender hitting the floor like they were shot. That is why I can't get excited.

Anyone that puts their body on the line like that for their team has my respect. Even if the call itself is one of the most controversial ones in the game.

I think you assumed a great deal about my post.....

You are very correct, the little things make a huge difference many times, and taking a charge in completely legal, and part of the game.

I didn't mean to remark about this young man's accomplishments.

I give kudos to the young man for exploiting a glitch in the game to his teams favor.

However,

When it comes to charging calls, I've seen so many charging calls made with not enough contact made to shew a fly. Then the defender hitting the floor like they were shot. That is why I can't get excited.

I totally agree. I don't know how in the hell that sarcastic comment in the box got attached to me. I hate the block/charge call.