KY State AAU at KBA

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not well attended. Magic, Hoop Dreams and Travelers 16u all out of town.

It was very well attended by the 15u/9th grade division, 21 teams. And, the place seemed as busy as usual.

With that said, in the future, I hope KBA schedules it on a weekend that the "shoe deal" (HD, Travelers, & Louisville Magic) teams can play. Although, from the things I've heard, I don't know if they would attend anyway... many commitments and expectations for them to be healthy. And, there is always this... you don't want a shoe sponsored team to potentially lose to a local in-state team.

It was very well attended by the 15u/9th grade division, 21 teams. And, the place seemed as busy as usual.

With that said, in the future, I hope KBA schedules it on a weekend that the "shoe deal" (HD, Travelers, & Louisville Magic) teams can play. Although, from the things I've heard, I don't know if they would attend anyway... many commitments and expectations for them to be healthy. And, there is always this... you don't want a shoe sponsored team to potentially lose to a local in-state team.

They'll never play in it. Nothing to gain and too much to lose. Matts Mustangs put a running clock on Manimal yesterday and won state for the second year in a row. Which team has a higher profile? Wouldn't be a good look if HD or Travelers took one on the chin like that.

They'll never play in it. Nothing to gain and too much to lose. Matts Mustangs put a running clock on Manimal yesterday and won state for the second year in a row. Which team has a higher profile? Wouldn't be a good look if HD or Travelers took one on the chin like that.

It isn't only about losing to other in State teams. It is about Media Coverage and level of competition. If shoe teams are competing off Circuit, they need to consistently play teams that are going to challenge them to be better when they come back to the Circuit. Furthermore, National media coverage is of the utmost importance to the 16U/17U age groups when playing outside of the Live Periods. Playing for State pride is Great, but remember, these kids are trying to earn scholarships.... I believe that if State AAU can ensure more National Coverage, then more teams may be prone to attend....

I was following some of the scores online yesterday while sitting in an Indiana gym watching Omega Wildcats 9th Grade (Kids from Campbell Co Region) play in a College Exposure event. Midwest Youth Tournament where many D2,D3 and NAIA coaches were present.

Kind of surprised Omega didnt enter KY State Tourney but still a great weekend for them beating some very good teams from Indiana and Ohio.