NKY 6A

uk#1fan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton - The strongest team in NKY 6A last year and the team to beat this year. They have been on the rise with some definite improvement but have yet to make waves outside the region. Their schedule last year was slightly above the class average, and they performed well against it.

Cooper - Also a team on the rise and a threat to look out for. If I remember correctly (and feel free, if I'm wrong) they were a young team and should return a lot. They had an average schedule for the class last year and performed well, playing SK twice, with one considerable gap 27-6 and one very close game 13-12. They threaten most to take SK place as the region's best.

Ryle - A serious threat returns in QB Tanner Morgan who already has two offers. They were playing an average class schedule, and performed mostly well, but lost to both SK and Cooper. I would consider them the dark horse team for region's best.

Conner - An 8-4 record isn't that bad, but when all of your losses are to 6A teams and most of your wins (6 of 8) are against 5A and below, you have to question it. Still, they had two close games against Cooper and don't look to be giving up any time soon.

Campbell County - They beat Boone country as their sole win. Their scedule was above class average but from how they performed against it I doubt they will turn around quickly enough to take the region's throne this year.

Boone County - Once a name to be feared they've fallen on hard times. They had the strongest schedule in 6A NKY, but went 0-11 against it. I don't know what they return, but righting the ship within a year would seem to take a miracle.

Simon Kenton - The strongest team in NKY 6A last year and the team to beat this year. They have been on the rise with some definite improvement but have yet to make waves outside the region. Their schedule last year was slightly above the class average, and they performed well against it.

Cooper - Also a team on the rise and a threat to look out for. If I remember correctly (and feel free, if I'm wrong) they were a young team and should return a lot. They had an average schedule for the class last year and performed well, playing SK twice, with one considerable gap 27-6 and one very close game 13-12. They threaten most to take SK place as the region's best.

Ryle - A serious threat returns in QB Tanner Morgan who already has two offers. They were playing an average class schedule, and performed mostly well, but lost to both SK and Cooper. I would consider them the dark horse team for region's best.

Conner - An 8-4 record isn't that bad, but when all of your losses are to 6A teams and most of your wins (6 of 8) are against 5A and below, you have to question it. Still, they had two close games against Cooper and don't look to be giving up any time soon.

Campbell County - They beat Boone country as their sole win. Their scedule was above class average but from how they performed against it I doubt they will turn around quickly enough to take the region's throne this year.

Boone County - Once a name to be feared they've fallen on hard times. They had the strongest schedule in 6A NKY, but went 0-11 against it. I don't know what they return, but righting the ship within a year would seem to take a miracle.

I would say this is a pretty good assessment but I do think Cooper was a little more senior dominant than you thought. I know they lose the Keller twins at OLB, Watkins at DL and Brown at QB. All of these guys were great players for them last year.

I was impressed with Boone County's Freshman group last year. They need to build on that group., Install discipline and hard work ethic that way they will be strong role models for groups going forward. That is how they can begin to rebuild.