NKY 6A

uk#1fan

I was impressed with Boone County's Freshman group last year. They need to build on that group., Install discipline and hard work ethic that way they will be strong role models for groups going forward. That is how they can begin to rebuild.

As long as their main players don't find a way to transfer. Boone is going to continue to lose players. Just not the same Boone.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper does graduate a lot but have a strong nucleus of underclassmen returning which will keep them in the mix. They still have Rocsvag and Centers anchoring the line, Schlarman and Meyers at LB, Jackson and Hendrix at RB and WR, respectively and a good sprinkle of other young players. They get a player back this year that was unable to play his junior year but played a ton his sophomore year in Leroy. They will need some others to step up like other teams, but they do still have the nucleus to be a solid team.

The line should be solid with Rocs, Centers and Wasser.

Cooper does graduate a lot but have a strong nucleus of underclassmen returning which will keep them in the mix. They still have Rocsvag and Centers anchoring the line, Schlarman and Meyers at LB, Jackson and Hendrix at RB and WR, respectively and a good sprinkle of other young players. They get a player back this year that was unable to play his junior year but played a ton his sophomore year in Leroy. They will need some others to step up like other teams, but they do still have the nucleus to be a solid team.

The line should be solid with Rocs, Centers and Wasser.

Agreed. I think someone like Blake Lynn will slide in at Center for them and then they will have a few more bodies to fill that one spot. I look for Yauger, who got some spell reps last year, to step in to that other guard spot possibly.

I was just told that Coach Burnett has moved back to Beechwood. If that's true, that a humongous loss for the Jaguars. Hard to replace his experience and knowledge.

If that is true, then I would have to agree. He has been doing this for a long time and knows the game. There is a lot of experience on the Cooper staff though so I think they will move along just fine without him if that is the case. This is the first I have heard of this, will try to confirm.

^

The LexCath game last year was part of a "bowl" and this year I have heard we're playing Henry Clay at the same bowl. Did the LexCath game become a home and home series?

Thats what I thought as well it was a rotating bowl. (or at least it has been for a few years now.)

Since we are starting this early, may as well discuss who the best NKY 6A player is.

I'll take the unpopular stance and take Racke over Morgan.

Most explosive player is Hendrix. Best next level prospect, per recruiting as of now, is Morgan. All Racke does in win games for his Pioneers.

Both are great qbs. Question though if you switch both, do you think results would be the same? Or since you think Racke is better, do you think that would give Ryle the edge over SK instead if they switched qbs.

For the record I think NKY had 3 great players at the top in Hendrix, Racke and Morgan.