James Ramsey finally on the way out? Who replaces him?

Jumper_Dad

Matt Jones (the man Louisville fans love to hate), reported on KSR today that Ramsey in all likelihood will be out in the next few weeks at the University of Louisville. He said there was a meeting at Ramsey's house on Saturday between the Board and Ramsey. According to his "sources", Ramsey told the Board that he would be out "Sooner rather than later."

I know a lot will turn this into an attack on Jones, but he has been out ahead of most of the breaking UofL news over the last few years.

So is this finally it is he finally out?

If so who replaces him?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really hope this is true.

I think they need to go well outside the university and well outside the city. There was some talk about Jerry Abramson but I think that's just replacing one corrupt buffoon happy to look the other way as long as the money was rolling in with another one.

IMO, they need someone with experience as a university president or provost already and someone who will work diligently to not just raise money and build new structures on campus, but improve the academic standing of the university to a place worthy of our new place in the ACC, a league of schools with a fantastic academic reputation (although I'm of two minds about what such improvements look like and my own opinion likely isn't that of the Princeton Review).

There is much to be done and the Board needs to perhaps look far afield for capable, transformative leadership.

I really, really hope this is true.

I think they need to go well outside the university and well outside the city. There was some talk about Jerry Abramson but I think that's just replacing one corrupt buffoon happy to look the other way as long as the money was rolling in with another one.

IMO, they need someone with experience as a university president or provost already and someone who will work diligently to not just raise money and build new structures on campus, but improve the academic standing of the university to a place worthy of our new place in the ACC, a league of schools with a fantastic academic reputation (although I'm of two minds about what such improvements look like and my own opinion likely isn't that of the Princeton Review).

There is much to be done and the Board needs to perhaps look far afield for capable, transformative leadership.

I thought of you as soon as I heard him say that this morning and knew you'd be happy.

If true and Ramsey is out, I expect that Jurich and Pitino are also gone. Pitinio is pretty much a given. Jurich I'm not so sure about, but prior to this news I didn't think Ramsey would be going anywhere either. That said, I don't see Pitino surviving this and if Ramsey does not survive it, I wouldn't have a clue how Jurich could.

I have several friends who are UL fans and they were wanting Ramsey gone before this scandal ever broke.

Yep. A lot of folks (non-UL folks) will want to say it's all because of the recent scandal, but most folks around UL know that many have wanted Ramsey gone for a long time.

If Matt Jones didn't talk about UofL, I have to image his show would be pretty dead. :lol2: All that guy ever talks about apparently.

Sure seems that way lately.

I thought it was very smart of him, and a good interview to have Katina Powell on last week, but I'm starting to just listen to music instead of his show. Maybe I'll come back around once the tournament starts up. I'm just tired of hearing the same stuff about UL.