3 dollars for nachos!!!!!!!!!

PP1

Anyone checked out room rates in Lexington for the state tournament???

The block of hotels where I normally stay, just off of the circle on Harrodsburg Road - Baymont, Comfort, Fairfield, Hampton Inn are asking between $148 and $178 a night for rooms during the state tournament dates.

The Campbell House wants $126 a night for what I call their "overflow" rooms. The ones in the back that they only use for big events..

To me this is outright price gouging.

One of the (few) good things about having the tournament in Louisville back in the day was that they "fair traded" room rates across the board for all hotels.

Sad.

The block of hotels where I normally stay, just off of the circle on Harrodsburg Road - Baymont, Comfort, Fairfield, Hampton Inn are asking between $148 and $178 a night for rooms during the state tournament dates.

The Campbell House wants $126 a night for what I call their "overflow" rooms. The ones in the back that they only use for big events..

One of the (few) good things about having the tournament in Louisville back in the day was that they "fair traded" room rates across the board for all hotels.

Sad.

Mustang, you are a wise man. But none of what you said is nearly as sacrilegious as three dollar nachos

Sad.

LaQunita on Stanton Way sits right off of the exit and is affordable (average of $75 a night), clean & comfortable, has free Wi-Fi, a free breakfast, and sits next door to a Cracker Barrel, a Waffle House, and a McDonalds as well as a couple of gas stations. It's also a quick and easy 5-7 minute drive to Rupp.

Also avoid $10 per session parking rates as there is sometimes limited free street parking available within walking distance of Rupp on Short St. or 2nd Street. Once you reach the backside of the Victoria Shopping Center the remainder of the walk to Rupp is all indoors if by chance it's chilly or raining.

Edited by B-Ball-fan