Bengals Pre-Draft Talk

It is two weeks from the draft. Time to get serious. Let's put draft speculation on the Bengals into a thread of its own. Here are a couple thoughts to get started:

- If Bryce Petty is still there in round 2, should the Bengals go for it?

- If Gregory is still available in round 1, should the Bengals risk it?

It is two weeks from the draft. Time to get serious. Let's put draft speculation on the Bengals into a thread of its own. Here are a couple thoughts to get started:

If I'm the Bengals and he's there at their pick they should bull rush the podium. That being said, even with the recent events, I think he still goes top 10.

No on Petty. No reason to waste a 2nd round pick on a QB that for one would sit, and then even after this year he may not even be able to beat McCarron out since he is not a can't miss QB. Lets not all forget Dalton was a 2nd round QB himself, so its definitely no guarantee.

However yes on Gregory.

Yes on Petty, Hemple, any QB that is in the draft over Dalton.

Why waste a draft pick then if you think any qb will do. Since any qb will do then just say start Aj McCarron this way you Dont waste a draft pick on a qb who far as we know could be worst than Dalton.

I'm all for moving on from Dalton but unless you are getting one of the top two qbs I Dont waste a draft pick on any other qb when you have McCarron and this being a weak qb draft besides the top two.

Why waste a draft pick then if you think any qb will do. Since any qb will do then just say start Aj McCarron this way you Dont waste a draft pick on a qb who far as we know could be worst than Dalton.

I'm all for moving on from Dalton but unless you are getting one of the top two qbs I Dont waste a draft pick on any other qb when you have McCarron and this being a weak qb draft besides the top two.

I was kidding.

This place really needs a sense of humor injection.

I was kidding.

This place really needs a sense of humor injection.

Well we all know how you have always felt about Dalton, so was hard to tell lol. I'm ready to move on from him as well. He has had plenty of time now to prove he could get us over the top and so no real reason to believe that will now change. Everything else would have to go perfect for them to win a playoff game since we know he doesn't show up in big games.

The Bengals really need to address their O Line in the draft pretty early. They still have a very good O line, but the tackles are starting to get long in the tooth and will need someone to understudy for a year or two and then step in. If a stud linebacker is out there when they pick, they need to take a hard look. Linebackers can start right out of college and have an impact. Hopefully the younger corners can step in this year and hold their own. (Dennard and Kirkpartick).

As far as quarterback, unless it is a late round draft pick, don't spend a pick on a qb. Just pickup on one as a free agent, either out of college or someone that has been in the league. Love it or hate it Daulton is the man for this year under center.