Webster County 2015

Ram

• 2 months later...
The Trojans return 9 starters on D and 8 on O and had some solid JV kids last year. They should be improved..

That's good to see. They've struggled for some time. What does their schedule look like this year?

• 2 weeks later...
He took a ministration job somewhere back home late last week. Feel for the kids of Webster.

Can't blame a guy for moving up, but he's moved around a lot over the years. Webster has really struggled and hasn't had a winning record since making it to the state semifinals in 2002. They've had six coaches in that time span. I hope they can find some stability soon.

Can't blame a guy for moving up, but he's moved around a lot over the years. Webster has really struggled and hasn't had a winning record since making it to the state semifinals in 2002. They've had six coaches in that time span. I hope they can find some stability soon.

Likewise.

From everything I've heard, I think the powers to be there (and, there was some change in those departments over the last year) more or less decided to do things right or just say to heck with it.

Despite Whitaker being at several places over the years, one thing about it is that he always went to places that seemed to care and invested into their programs with maybe the exception of Powell County.

This is what I've heard/know:

1) They had jobs for both he and his wife. I think they had also recently made him assistant AD.

2) $40K new weight room last summer in their fieldhouse.

3) New practice field would already be complete if not for all of the rain. Bermuda and irrigation. Should be able to use within a couple of months at the latest.

4) The new administration there (Super and Principal are both new within the last year) is as good as it gets to work for.

5) District is what it is, but their non district all you could ask for. Cross district outside of Owensboro Cath isn't murderers row.

The biggest downside to this whole deal, and it's a big one, is obviously the timing.

Not a very good time for Whitaker to say goodbye. Even though Webster County has improved greatly, realignment was unkind to them. They are now back in 2A and instead of playing teams like Tilghman, Trigg County, and Ft. Campbell in district play, they now will have to teams like Mayfield and Murray in district. This might hearken back the 2A "super-district" back in the late 70's in Western Kentucky that had Mayfield, Murray, Ft.Campbell, Caldwell County, Trigg County, Heath, Todd Central, and Webster County. Usually it was Todd Central, Webster County, and sometimes Trigg County fighting to stay out of the basement.