Breandon Johnson (Holmes High School) Sophmore Highlights! #74

Looks like a very good athlete and has the size to really make a mark this year. Just one suggestion, the movement or (special effects) done before he makes a block or hit needs to go, very hard to actually see the block when the video swings 90 degrees, hard to follow the player highlighted. But beyond that, looks like a great lineman.

Tried to watch this video.. the "special effects" make it impossible to see the actual play. From what I could see he looks like he gets in a pretty good 3 point stance. Can't gather much more info from that mess. Anyone got a video that doesn't shake and jump around?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Has to stay motivated and disciplined.

Watched him play youth football in the BCPWFL for a couple years (my son played on his team). At the time he didn't work real hard (really didn't have to either) but at times was completely dominant. Other times, though he took a lot of plays off, and was completely invisible and had some discipline issues. Always thought he could be one of the best if his work ethic improved, and from it sounds like, it has.

Watched him play youth football in the BCPWFL for a couple years (my son played on his team). At the time he didn't work real hard (really didn't have to either) but at times was completely dominant. Other times, though he took a lot of plays off, and was completely invisible and had some discipline issues. Always thought he could be one of the best if his work ethic improved, and from it sounds like, it has.

I've also seen him play and know guys who've coached him. The only thing that could hold him back from a college offer is injury, or himself.

Probably needs a mentor. Has size and some skills but he needs to show them when going up against like competition. Easy to look good when you can just bull-rush someone you outweigh. Of course, these kids start out at a disadvantage to begin with and add the fact that head coaches don't seem to stay around much at Holmes. I'm kind of surprised he's not playing for a different school if he's that good. These diamonds in the rough at Holmes do need a little extra help if for anything else, to show them that effort and hard work on the field and in the classroom can open up so many doors if they're just willing to take that first step through.