Danny Ainge may be the most incompetent general manager of all time.

Ray Allen is good, but he's old. They just traded away the No. 5 pick, Wally, and West, who is a good bench player for a man whose best days are over. I'm more upset about losing the No. 5 b/c I believe that Green is a type of player that can truly stir the drink with his ability to draw attention dish, or take over. Ainge is worse than Isaiah. Why do all of my favorite teams go through these lulls where they settle in with these idiots pulling the strings. FIRE AINGE.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeing up cap room, the 08' FA group is unbelievable and they'll have the money to spend. In a terrible conference like the East a trio of Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson will definitely be a contender. I really liked the move.

You'll see. It was better to sign Green. Ainge is going to go Isaiah and sign a few long term deals that dud. He's not very good. Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson will not stay healthy enough for long enough to be a significant trio. He went with a youth movement last year, and now it's taking on Ray Allen's contract and getting older. There's no plan, it's all shooting from the hip.

I like the move A LOT!! They freed up 26 million with getting rid of Wally and now they will have Rondo, Allen, Pierce, and Jefferson, not too bad in a really crappy conference...

Got rid of $26 million, I agree is nice. You take on $14 million and two bad ankles. Also, if you are relying on Rondo to run your offense, you are in trouble. Open floor, he's great...half court not so much. He is a great on the ball defender. Remember you are talking about to guys who were injured last year and are a little older to turn it back up. Next year they will be improved, but after that, I don't think that they will be.

Im glad Im do not live in Boston.IMO The Celtics to me are the closest thing to me that is a UK Basketball and the Cincinnati Reds!From a Die Hard Sports fan.I hate to Admit I have given up on the Celtics since the A.Walker Days\Ron Mercer Days...I was A Huge fan in the Bird,Mchale,Parrish days!!!

I loved the Celtics in 86!!!

I see it as a pretty good move. Ray Allen can still shoot the lights out, even though he is getting old. It will provide Pierce with a running mate who can score, and they opened up space room for next season. Seems like a winner to me...:ylsuper:

Freeing up cap room, the 08' FA group is unbelievable and they'll have the money to spend. In a terrible conference like the East a trio of Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson will definitely be a contender. I really liked the move.
:thumb: