Everything posted by kydlineguy
-
College players from NKY since 1990
Here's a few for CCH Sean Gruber - Holy Cross Chris Brunneman - Western KY Matt Collett - Valparaiso Adam Spaulding - Thomas More John Hennesey - Thomas More Lou Brenner - Centre College Rob Winter - Centre College Brian Piper - Georgetown Also...Brett Spaulding...CCH Class of '97..played at Wofford College then came to Thomas More.
-
College players from NKY since 1990
Newport '10 - Meechi Brown - Union '10 - Nikko Waller - Union? '10 - Brandon Carter - KY State '10 - Dionte Glenn - KY State '10 - Rodney Orr - Ohio Mid Western '10 - Quin McDay - Ohio Mid Western '10 - Daryl Lynch - Ohio Mid Western '09 - Tim Slusher - KCU '08 - Devin Box - KY State '06 - JJ Hesch - Murray State '06 - Daniel Runion - KWC '05 - Matt Atkins - KWC '04 - David Schoo - MSJ '04 - Terry Runion - TMC '04 - Alvin Pate - Minnesota/ EKU by way of Juco '03 - Andy Mickleson - TMC '03? - Steve Black - TMC '02 - Dustin Murray - Hanover '02? - Ben Stith - OU '00 - Matt Atkins - TMC (2 time All American) '00 - Nick Partin - TMC '99 - Donald Smith - TMC '99 - Eric Merrill - Kansas Methodist or Nazarene? '98 - Nick Rice - Cumberland/TMC (All-American, Good Works Team) '98 - Jason Friedhoff - Cumberland/TMC '98 - Mike Runion - TMC '98 - Dickie Witherspoon - Louisville '97 - Nick Rouse - EKU '97 - Garret Williams - Louisville '96 - Bill Lewis - Kentucky State/Memphis '91 - Juan McDay - EKU '91 - Kevin Johnson '90 - John Gross - Campbellsville '90 - Steve Sibrel - Campbellsville Just off the top of my head, not 100%, but I know that I am close. Some however, never panned out.
-
Dayton 2011
I foresee Dayton making strides dramatically. Chad Montgomery was the right hire and will be an asset to Dayton for a long time. Kudos to the administration for making a great hire and goodluck to the Greendevils in 2011!
-
Terry Liggin - Holmes New Coach
Congrats Coach Liggin. Welcome back to KY!
-
Does Holmes have a new football coach?
Looks like that the guy just caught a bad break. I wish Coach luck if he is the new man at Holmes.
-
Holmes coaching search
I graduated in 1998. That was the AAA distrcit at the time. If I am not mistaken it had a ton of teams. Highlands, Cov Cath, Dixie, Holmes, Simon Kenton, Ryle, and Scott. Campbell and Boone were the 4A district teams but they played the Lexington schools. Feel free to correct me but I am almost positive those were the district aligments at the time. And Holmes, under Vandermeer, made the playoffs if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the time before him. I know they had some good teams I believe under Kenny Turner also. So yes, Holmes can compete.
-
Any updates from Bellevue
Steve Hensley is the current A.D. at Campbell County.
-
Dayton's new Head Football Coach is.................
Chad Montgomery. Confimed this moring, Congrats and good luck to both Coach Montgomery and the Dayton Greendevils.
-
Grant County's Mike Davis has resigned as head football coach
Good Luck Mike, kydlineguy
-
Deaton Resigns as Dayton Head coach
Wally, where do you get your info from. This is an absolute joke. Wally, do us all a favor and site your source. He was never ran out of Newport. Nick Rice was happy to have retained him on his staff in 2009 and then the A.D. job came open at Dayton that summer. This was Scott's chance to get some administrative experiance, you have to remember Wally, some teachers want to advance their careers and get into educational leadership. You have the oppertunity to prove me wrong via private message because I want to save everybody the time from reading your ridiculous garbage!
-
Ludlow/Bishop Brossart Predictions
The ranting and raving and going back and forth is becoming silly on this thread. This is worse than cragislist.....bluegrasspreps.com is not a bad place to state opinions about the upcoming game and using facts and stats from the current season. Let's just discuss the current season and current stats and facts to debate and back our predictions and get off of last year. I do not mean to jump in your argument, but lets talk about Brossart 2010 and Ludlow 2010.
-
Should Scott consider dropping football?
Cancelling football at Scott would be a cotastrophy. That program may not produce many winning seasons, but it does produce many fine young men who go on to have a sucessful life as an adult. Albeit all coaches and players like winning, and do not get what I am saying wrong, winning is important, but we must look at the positive impact the young men from Scott High School have had playing football. Many young men who have played are now productive individuals in society. Why is Scott losing on the field? They are losing because it has become expected and accepted at Scott High School to lose. They will not win until the players themselves have bought into what their coach is teaching and preaching. I could care less who is the head coach there, you need a sound system all the way from the top at the administration all the way down to the Ball Boy on Friday nights. I do not know what goes on inside the walls at Scott High School, but this is just the view of one guy outside looking in. So to place blame on any administrator, player(s), or coach is useless at this point. When all the above happen and they are still losing, then maybe this is a valid idea. But until then, quit trying to make something work that will not work until you have all the pieces in place.
-
"Mythical" KY prep football champions
I know that Newport has trophies and newspaper articles for Mythical State Championships in 33, 36 and 40, and if I am not mistaken Dayton has one for 44.
-
NKYMSFL 2010
What time is the scrimmage on Saturday? Are there more teams that are going to be there?
-
Drew Rice to Thomas Moore College
:thumb:
-
Jerry Lucas named Martha Layne Collins Head Football Coach
I played for Dad (Roy Sr.) when I was at Newport and we scrimmaged Western Hills when Jerry was the head coach their every year. They always seemed to have a good thing going. Good Luck Coach Lucas!
-
Newport Central Catholic's new head coach is...
Feel good now Mexitucky.....just joking!
-
Kenny Turner hired at Bryan Station
Yes, Great hire Bryan Station! You got both a quality individual and coach.
-
Red Dog
Never feel bad for "jabbering on" about both a man who was considered great by many and more importantly a man who you thought was great because of the human impact he had on you personally. I never met Red Dog but I think it is safe to say that with the impact he had on a lot of young men, this thread is the appropriate place for "jabbering on" :thumb:
-
Newport 2010
Rick Honaker-Off.Coordinator Matt Atkins-Offensive/Defensive Line Tim Mosely-Offensive Line/Defensive Line There are a few more but names and/or roles I forgot. Anyone else is more than invited to fill in the rest.
-
Newport 2010
Newport, just hang in their and the staff will lead you in the right direction!
-
Cincinnati Elder 17 Cincinnati Saint Xavier 14
I put nothing into the national rankings. It's all mythical and no real proven way to prove who is the best. It is just a personal thing but I really despise national rankings.
-
Cincinnati Elder 17 Cincinnati Saint Xavier 14
Team Stat Comparison ELD STX 1st Downs 13 16 Total Yards 290 317 Passing Completions 15 20 Passing Attempts 19 28 Passing Yards 150 221 Passing Average 7.9 7.9 Rushing Attempts 33 29 Rushing Yards 140 96 Rushing Average 4.2 3.3 3rd Down Efficiency 5-13 6-12 4th Down Efficiency 1-1 0-1 Penalties 4-31 2-16 Turnovers 0 1 Possession 24:29 23:31
-
Cincinnati Elder 17 Cincinnati Saint Xavier 14
In retrospect, is St X really good enough t be the Division I state champion....maybe....but it just seems like Elder just comes out of nowhere when they make noise. P.S. I am not trying to do the whole "Which one is better, Ohio or Kentucky"......it's a stupid argument. Rather just talk about the game and the two programs involved. Please know that I am not trying to take anything away from Highlands victory over St. X, they have a heck of a football team, maybe one of the best teams Dale has put together yet...but please let's talk about St X and Elder
-
Cincinnati Elder 17 Cincinnati Saint Xavier 14
My bad....just seen the score.