Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Elder 17 Cincinnati Saint Xavier 14

Featured Replies

Final from Cincinnati. Elder avenges a regular season loss to the Bombers, thereby advancing to the third round of the Ohio Division I playoffs. Elder will play unbeaten Anderson next.

 

St. X had a crazy difficult schedule this year and did pretty well. Unfortunately, they came up short in the playoffs against Elder.

 

I thought this game result would be of interest, given that Cincy St. X played Highlands, Trinity and Louisville St. X this year.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final from Cincinnati. Elder avenges a regular season loss to the Bombers, thereby advancing to the third round of the Ohio Division I playoffs. Elder will play unbeaten Anderson next.

 

St. X had a crazy difficult schedule this year and did pretty well. Unfortunately, they came up short in the playoffs against Elder.

 

I thought this game result would be of interest, given that Cincy St. X played Highlands, Trinity and Louisville St. X this year.

 

Thank you for the update. I really wanted to go but had prior commitments. The Greater Cincinnati Area is a hot bed for talent year in and year out! Good Luck Panthers! Would like to see that Division I Championship come back to Cincinnati. I have to say that you cannot look past Anderson either. Jeff Geisting is a great coach and does a good job getting his kids prepared!

Check that.. Cleveland Glenville.

 

My bad....just seen the score.

I have to agree with that. There are some teams up in Ohio that would be pulling out starters if they played Highlands!

 

I don't agree with you on this one at all. Highlands should have beaten St. X by 3 TD's, they controlled the game except for the last 90 to 30 seconds when they played soft D and St. X scored.

I don't agree with you on this one at all. Highlands should have beaten St. X by 3 TD's, they controlled the game except for the last 40 to 30 seconds when they played soft D and St. X scored.

 

In retrospect, is St X really good enough t be the Division I state champion....maybe....but it just seems like Elder just comes out of nowhere when they make noise.

 

 

P.S. I am not trying to do the whole "Which one is better, Ohio or Kentucky"......it's a stupid argument. Rather just talk about the game and the two programs involved.

 

Please know that I am not trying to take anything away from Highlands victory over St. X, they have a heck of a football team, maybe one of the best teams Dale has put together yet...but please let's talk about St X and Elder

Team Stat Comparison

ELD STX

1st Downs 13 16

Total Yards 290 317

Passing Completions 15 20

Passing Attempts 19 28

Passing Yards 150 221

Passing Average 7.9 7.9

Rushing Attempts 33 29

Rushing Yards 140 96

Rushing Average 4.2 3.3

3rd Down Efficiency 5-13 6-12

4th Down Efficiency 1-1 0-1

Penalties 4-31 2-16

Turnovers 0 1

Possession 24:29 23:31

In retrospect, is St X really good enough t be the Division I state champion....maybe....but it just seems like Elder just comes out of nowhere when they make noise.

 

 

P.S. I am not trying to do the whole "Which one is better, Ohio or Kentucky"......it's a stupid argument. Rather just talk about the game and the two programs involved.

 

Please know that I am not trying to take anything away from Highlands victory over St. X, they have a heck of a football team, maybe one of the best teams Dale has put together yet...but please let's talk about St X and Elder

 

I'm glad you brought this up...I don't care who you are when your playing in the GCL you are playing one of the hardest schedules in the country. For a school to play premier competition every week and be competitive is very hard. I'm not taking anything away from Elder's victory (congratulations) but it's very difficult to win week in and week out with this type of competition.

  • Author

^

I totally agree! The schedules these teams play (especially St. X this year) are crazy! Congratulations to Elder... from what I heard, the better team won this game. I was hoping that St. X was going to run the table in the Ohio playoffs this year... alas, it wasn't meant to be.

 

It should be an interesting game between Elder and Anderson next week. Given that Anderson is undefeated and Elder just beat Cincy's top-ranked team, I think the winner of this game next week probably deserves to be considered the mythical "Greater Cincinnati" champion. Best wishes to both teams and bring the Ohio Division I trophy back to Cincy!

In retrospect, is St X really good enough t be the Division I state champion....maybe....but it just seems like Elder just comes out of nowhere when they make noise.

 

 

P.S. I am not trying to do the whole "Which one is better, Ohio or Kentucky"......it's a stupid argument. Rather just talk about the game and the two programs involved.

 

Please know that I am not trying to take anything away from Highlands victory over St. X, they have a heck of a football team, maybe one of the best teams Dale has put together yet...but please let's talk about St X and Elder

 

They were ranked as high as number three in the Country earlier this year by USA today. That may have tipped a few people off that they were pretty good.

I have to agree with that. There are some teams up in Ohio that would be pulling out starters if they played Highlands!

 

Highlands beat one of Ohio's best teams, so this doesn't seem like a good year to throw a card like this on the table. On a given day, there are a FEW teams in Ohio that could have had things go their way to this point.

 

On a given day, Highlands could beat any team in Ohio at HHS just as well.

They were ranked as high as number three in the Country earlier this year by USA today. That may have tipped a few people off that they were pretty good.

 

I put nothing into the national rankings. It's all mythical and no real proven way to prove who is the best. It is just a personal thing but I really despise national rankings.

And Anderson is going to beat Elder...

 

I think you might be right about that..:thumb:

Hey Purple! Hey White! Hey Team! Fight Fight!

 

 

 

OK, I work with some Elder grads. :eek:

Hey Purple! Hey White! Hey Team! Fight Fight!

 

 

 

OK, I work with some Elder grads. :eek:

 

 

Oh!! NO!! We have Elder grads in your line of work on this side of the river now!! Great!:ohbrother:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.