Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deaton Resigns as Dayton Head coach

Featured Replies

I think it was long overdue had no control of his team. Now they need to Get Rid Of their A.D Scott Meyers he has No clue what the hell he doing. IMO

  • Replies 80
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was long overdue had no control of his team. Now they need to Get Rid Of their A.D Scott Meyers he has No clue what the hell he doing. IMO

 

I'm not saying anything about Deaton, b/c I don't know him and I don't know the AD. However, Dayton's program and community surrounding the program needs to look itself in the face. I don't know how any coach can win when you don't know what players will show up for practice and which won't. It is impossible to win when the first negative play sends a team into a tail spin. Until the community and the team, (and I feel truly sorry for those players who gave their all), dedicate themselves to uniting positively, this will be the result. The program is already playing against a stacked deck due to the numbers game. You can't have internal discord as well.

I'm not saying anything about Deaton, b/c I don't know him and I don't know the AD. However, Dayton's program and community surrounding the program needs to look itself in the face. I don't know how any coach can win when you don't know what players will show up for practice and which won't. It is impossible to win when the first negative play sends a team into a tail spin. Until the community and the team, (and I feel truly sorry for those players who gave their all), dedicate themselves to uniting positively, this will be the result. The program is already playing against a stacked deck due to the numbers game. You can't have internal discord as well.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great post Mexitucky! I went to a couple of Dayton games this year and was very disappointed with the support that was showed for the team. I saw the same faces you have seen for years down there volunteering their time, Mike Case, Danny Ilg, coach Donelan and a couple others, doing whatever it took for the love of the kids. The kids feel entitled down there. It's a shame, Dayton can be such a tight knit community that sticks together. They just have not had the passion in Dayton for some time?

I'm not saying anything about Deaton, b/c I don't know him and I don't know the AD. However, Dayton's program and community surrounding the program needs to look itself in the face. I don't know how any coach can win when you don't know what players will show up for practice and which won't. It is impossible to win when the first negative play sends a team into a tail spin. Until the community and the team, (and I feel truly sorry for those players who gave their all), dedicate themselves to uniting positively, this will be the result. The program is already playing against a stacked deck due to the numbers game. You can't have internal discord as well.

 

Great post. I'm not sure if Dayton can ever be a state championship contender, but there's no reason that the Greendevils can't be a quality 1A program capable of playing with most similar-sized opponents on any given Friday.

Great post. I'm not sure if Dayton can ever be a state championship contender, but there's no reason that the Greendevils can't be a quality 1A program capable of playing with most similar-sized opponents on any given Friday.

 

Not too too long ago they had the Beechies on the fence at home and about to break their backs if it weren't for a tremendous goal line stand back in the 90's..

Sorry to hear it for Coach Deaton, hes a very respectable person that had a very full plate down there in Dayton. I'm sure if he'd like to step back and collect himself as an assistant coach, anyone that knows coach deaton will be quick to grab him.

Sorry to hear it for Coach Deaton, hes a very respectable person that had a very full plate down there in Dayton. I'm sure if he'd like to step back and collect himself as an assistant coach, anyone that knows coach deaton will be quick to grab him.

 

Is this the same Respectable person who punched out a bus window?

Zach Deaton was not fired. Coach resigned on his own terms.

Which means they said resign or we'll fire you...

Yes it is...believe me, he's one of the good ones!!

The problems with the football team go deeper than the head coach. How many games has their entire NKYFL teams won in the last 5 years? Not that many, I can assure you. So the kids come up to the high school with nothing but a losing attitude and little experience at being competitive. Mix in the socioeconomic depleted community and it is a recipe for disaster.

 

Sure you can mix in a good team every few years, but when Dayton is down, they are WAYYYYY down.

I'm sure there's a nice long story behind all this. The problem is there's only a couple people that know ALL the facts. I'm not one of them but all of the speculation doesnt do any good.

The problems with the football team go deeper than the head coach. How many games has their entire NKYFL teams won in the last 5 years? Not that many, I can assure you. So the kids come up to the high school with nothing but a losing attitude and little experience at being competitive. Mix in the socioeconomic depleted community and it is a recipe for disaster.

 

Sure you can mix in a good team every few years, but when Dayton is down, they are WAYYYYY down.

 

Why dont they just blow up the city jeez? I get what your saying but there is a lot of pride in Dayton just like other small communities like Bellevue and Ludlow. Just because they have had some turmoil down there this season I wouldnt write the entire city and program off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.