Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes coaching search

Featured Replies

Who are the early favorites to take over at Holmes?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think a young coach would be the best fit. I'm not sure if people realize how much extra work is involved at Holmes as compared to 90% of the remaining schools.

 

Holmes needs some enthusiasm and a tough young guy who can relate to the boys and be the boss.

Ron Madrick will come up with a great hire.

I'm not sure there's anyone "in-house" at Holmes that would take or want the job.

 

I'd personally like to see John Hopkins (WR coach) take over, as the kids can really relate to him, but I'd expect Mr. Madrick to try and find someone with more head coaching experience and someone that isn't just going to use the program as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

What extra work goes on at Holmes that doesn't take place at other places?

Hopefully Ben Nevels gets his shot to be the coach.

I'm not sure there's anyone "in-house" at Holmes that would take or want the job.

 

I'd personally like to see John Hopkins (WR coach) take over, as the kids can really relate to him, but I'd expect Mr. Madrick to try and find someone with more head coaching experience and someone that isn't just going to use the program as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

 

Hopkins does not want to be the head coach he personally told me that he would not be coaching football anymore if coach lickert left. Look for Ben Nevels who has been the d-cord for three years now and Josh Stratton who has been an o-asst for two seasons now to be the front runners if they stay in house.

Hopkins does not want to be the head coach he personally told me that he would not be coaching football anymore if coach lickert left. Look for Ben Nevels who has been the d-cord for three years now and Josh Stratton who has been an o-asst for two seasons now to be the front runners if they stay in house.

 

Ben Nevels is a great guy I am sure the players love him hopefullly they pick him soon!

Ben Nevels is a great guy I am sure the players love him hopefullly they pick him soon!

 

The players do love him and they have some very good coaches in house if they decide to go that way. Coach Madrick will make the best hire possible that he can.

Stratton would be a solid choise.

I'm not sure there's anyone "in-house" at Holmes that would take or want the job.

 

I'd personally like to see John Hopkins (WR coach) take over, as the kids can really relate to him, but I'd expect Mr. Madrick to try and find someone with more head coaching experience and someone that isn't just going to use the program as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

 

 

I would not limit my search to only those who are content with Holmes (and that's nothing against Holmes). I don't have a problem hiring a coach is on his way up the ladder. It worked out with Holmes' last hire.

  • Author

I think Holmes needs to take a hard look at Dave Brossart. He is a Covington boy.

I think Holmes needs to take a hard look at Dave Brossart. He is a Covington boy.

 

Could be a good fit.

I will tell you that Josh Stratton would be a great hire. He is a very energetic coach and a great young offensive mind. He knows how to get the most out of his players and is quite ready to take over a program of his own. I hope if he wants the job that the administration gives him a chance. As for Lickert he has landed a great job and will do there what he did at Holmes. Best of luck to the Holmes football program in their search for his replacement.

I think Holmes needs to take a hard look at Dave Brossart. He is a Covington boy.

I always heard that Dixie hired Brossart to become head coach there when that guy step down. Probably not true....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.