Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stumpy33

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stumpy33

  1. Coach Russell? The last time I talked to him I got the feeling he was not going to coach a whole lot longer. I would think they would want a several year committment from him. (Let's say 3 years) Wouldn't he talk to Bob Jones before he took the job? Didn't he play for Bob? He has to be aware of the mess? Who's the AD? That would be important. If the hire an AD after they hire the coach what happens if they don't get along? I just can't believe this is an attractive situation to a proven coach. Way too many unanswered questions. Tenure - it does not mean much if the powers to be and you have a falling out. Who wants a job where they don't want you?
  2. I have waited a little while to respond to this one. I'm still in disbelief. Why would Campbell Co release a coach with 3 consecutive winning seasons and 0 losing seasons? Does not make sense to me. I have been around hoops for a while and don't think Campbell Co basketball has played this type of schedule with this type of success for a long time. I know Scott Code and think he is a good young head coach. He will rebound from this and find a situation where his efforts are appreciated. I'm just sorry he had to go through this mess, he deserves better. I'm not sure of Mr Strong's move here. If all Campbell Co coaches were evaluated with the same standard or criteria it seems to me they would be going through a bunch of coaches. In order to make a move like this you would think he has a replacement all sewn up before he would ever pull the trigger. But I have not heard that is the case. I just can't help but think this is a huge step backward for the boys basketball program. I am still very confused by this one.
  3. I watched the video - horrible call. But my opinion on Bo Queen remains the same. He can call agame for me whenever he is available. Over a decade of watching him do games and I think he might be the most consistent guy in stripes over that period of time that I saw. I think he is a man of high character - if he had seen it differently, he would have called that way. He was watching the play under the hoop like he is supposed to be. I would love to switch refs with a BBA region. In my opinion they are the best in the state. I know that is no consolation for the boys in that tape. I would not have wanted to walk in that locker room after that game and talk to those young men.
  4. I love the Popcorn at the Fieldhouse. And if you can win there it even tastes better. I was never really interested in a buffett at a ballgame.
  5. Based on what I saw last night - NCC. They played really well and they are a veteran team who should be able to repeat that performance.
  6. I agree. He is a super young man. He is an even better person than he is a player, and he is a heck of a player. :clap:
  7. Give Faust the talent that has been at CovCath and Listerman the talent that has been at St Henry. What would happen in both places? That is the question on my mind and I'm not sure of the answer.
  8. I feel badly for the Birds. Grubbs, Grote and Kowolonek all fighting injuries to this point. And now, to lose Grubbs for the remainder of the season. That hurts. The other guys will have to pick up the slack.
  9. Go get them Stangs! Anything is possible. They play hard and are well coached. Would not be surprised to see them advance and make some noise at Richmond. God Bless the little man!
  10. I would not have predicted this after watching the game at HHS friday night. Birds need consistency night in and night out. Sand will run out of the hour glass in a hurry if they don't play with a purpose and focus every night. Time to start putting the puzzle together.
  11. Congratulations to Coach Russell. Hard Earned, but definitely a moment that will mean a lot to him and his Staff. I hope they realize they have an opportunity to contend for the whole shooting match in Richmond. Keep them focused, and have fun!
  12. Code is numero uno. If you could poll the Coaches in NKY who's team they would least like to play year in and year out, I would bet he gets the vote. Brannen is underrated in my opinion, they get the most out of what they have down on the hill. Henley gets it done, but it did not happen right away in 97 when he started, It took a while. Faces a whole different set of headaches to deal with than other guys in NKY but has pretty good talent year in and out. Hicks does the most he can with what they have at Conner. Kids seem to play hard for him. Faust is a good man and a good coach. That is my top 5.
  13. Congrats to the Raiders on the big W. They've had Highlands number recently. I believe they beat the Birds last year too. nope - HHS won last year out at Ryle.
  14. If you saw the Ryle vs Highlands game tonight you could not pick the Birds tomorrow at Boone Co. HHS will have to play a lot better than their effort tonight to be in the game.
  15. I thought the effort lacked enthusiasm from the Birds. The Raiders played hard and earned the W. Ryle was the better team tonight.
  16. Wow! Very different tune today than earlier in the season from you. What gives?
  17. 1-code 2-brannen 3-henley 4-hicks 5-faust Mike has done one heck of a job at Brossart - I want him to coach my son.
  18. I love Nick True! His best basketball is still in front of him, 2 teams I always root for 1)the Birds, and 2)whoever is playing the Breds. Great win for the frosh.
  19. It was a shame that Simpson and McGraw both had health problems their Jr and Sr seasons. Both were great kids. Th HHS candidates look like this in my opinion. 1-Neltner 2-McGraw 3-Vories 4-Simpson
  20. Two predictions: 1- the 9th region tournament will be won by Holmes, NCC, Highlands or Boone Co. I can't see anyone else getting the job done. If it were played 10 times Holmes would win-6, NCC-2, HHS-1 and BOCO-1. Not really splitting the atom with this prediction, just my thoughts. 2- Ernie Liggett will call traveling on someone somewhere.
  21. Brossart played tremendous defense in that game. I thought that Mason Co would probably score 100 that night. Brossart really slowed it down that night. :thumb:
  22. Two names: Chris Lofton and Darius Miller. And neither one was alone. They had some guys around them that could play too. There were not a whole lot of teams that beat them during this time period. Brossart had their number before Lofton came along.
  23. I think Perry Co Central will be tough in this one. Allan hatcher is an excellent coach and appears to have his team playing well (7 wins - 0 losses). I hope Stephen Kowolonek is back for the Birds, but without Grubbs this could be a very tough task. If you have never seen a Hatcher team, be ready for good defense and many different sets with a ton of movement. No fun to guard and less fun to score against. If Hatcher has them in this tourney, he probably feels it is a pretty good bunch that he is coaching. I doubt he would bring a bunch of Nimrods to Lexington.
  24. Wow! These are very different comments than a couple weeks ago. The Birds will be OK.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.