Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport / Newport Central Catholic Predictions 2/27

Newport / NewCath - who wins this one? 62 members have voted

  1. 1. Newport / NewCath - who wins this one?

    • Newport
      45%
      28
    • NewCath
      54%
      34

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I like the Breds in this one. There isn't a hotter team in the region right now and I see their outside shooting being the difference.

 

Brannen will throw several different defenses at the Cats to neutralize their athleticism and also give them a lot of different looks offensively to get the shooters open.

 

Newcath: 57

Newport: 52

This one is absolutely going to be a fight. If Newport contests shots and bother NCC's shooting, they get win #2 against NCC. If NCC shoots freely, they will win. I think Newport is long enough and athletic enough to bother NCC. They split for the year, but in a tournament setting Newport came out on top. I will predict the same. Newport 62 Newcath 60

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Newcath 65

Newport 60

 

Breds were 0-18 from the 3pt point line in their loss to Newport in the All A. Cant see that happening again. Derek Schmidt had quite a few wide open looks in that game. He has his stroke back. Should be a great game.

Why does the KHSAA site have this game scheduled for tonight?

NewCath is playing some excellent basketball right now. They will continue their stellar play and beat Newport by 7.

NewCath will have to be more deliberate on O against Newport than Highlands. Newport matches up better athletically on the perimeter and they will have to force the 'Cats to play disciplined D. This is the third game, and the second in a tournament, so there will be no surprises. Good luck to both.

I like Newport's athleticism. Should be a great game. Newport 61-56.

New Cath is more disciplined and that will be the factor in the game. NCC by 3.

Does Newport have anyone who can match up with Pangollo? IF not, NCC wins going away. If the 3's aren't raining for NCC...the Cats could continue their storybook season with a big home court championship! Good luck to both teams as they advance to the regional!

Why does the KHSAA site have this game scheduled for tonight?

 

I was wondering the same thing?? I am pretty sure the game is Saturday though.

I was wondering the same thing?? I am pretty sure the game is Saturday though.

 

 

 

Yes and it's wrong the papers have been saying tonight also. I think if Newport gaurds the three they will win, Foster did a great job on Grant last time i'm sure he will be gaurding him again Saturday.But i really think this game could go either way, would think Newport on thier turf should win, but last years all A final Ncc beat them at home.Should be a rough and tough game.:popcorn:

I like Newport's length and athleticism in this one. If NCC shoots the 3 like they did last night it will come down to a last shot though.

 

IMO I think Newport should run a 3/2 zone and put Luther out top to cut down on Pangallo's open looks. Maybe have Foster and Sizemore on the wings and Collins/McDaniels down low to put a body on Geisler.

 

All they have to do is make it somewhat uncomfortable for the NCC shooters and they should win. They also have to attack the basket and get Geisler in foul trouble. With Newport's overall size they should control the boards as well.

 

Playing on their home court and with so much on the line as far as length of time since last District Title I just like the Wildcats.

 

I do think NCC if they get a decent draw in the 9th Region tournament and stay hot shooting the ball could advance to the finals though.

I will pick Newport by 2 - not a surprise. NCC is more disciplined, most of the time. If the Newport team that beat NCC in the "ALL A" shows up - they will pull it out. Either way, the Wildcat faithful is very proud of these young men. I will be cheering for both teams in the region.

 

Go Breds!

Go Wildcats!

Yes and it's wrong the papers have been saying tonight also. I think if Newport gaurds the three they will win, Foster did a great job on Grant last time i'm sure he will be gaurding him again Saturday.But i really think this game could go either way, would think Newport on thier turf should win, but last years all A final Ncc beat them at home.Should be a rough and tough game.:popcorn:

 

The email that I got from ben@nkysports says the game is Thursday, Feb. 25th @ 7:30. KHSAA says it's tonight. The article in the paper said it's Saturday night, and in the same paper a little schedule notation says it's tonight as well. It really ought to be Friday night along with all the other district finals. Will the real date and time please stand up. I'd surly hate to miss this game. :confused:

:ohbrother:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.