Everything posted by pastmyprime
-
Silver Grove 2010/2011
Hiring a Superintendent, who can hire a principal, who can hire a coach is probably their order. Sad to say, but not sure how many kids they will have on their roster next year.
-
New Newport Coach
I definitely could see that-always thought he did a nice job with Bellevue's boys when he was there. If my memory is correct, didn't he coach the girls at Newport for a short period of time? I think he had to leave during the season because he changed jobs? Good coach with Newport ties. As for Pelle's-what a great place. You could make one hell of a hoops team with some of the folks who have stopped in there over the years.
-
Tony Kimbro to enroll at Jeffersontown High School
Sounds like they are getting some 6'10" guy that Pitino has been recruiting. Name escapes me, but have heard the same thing.
-
Ludlows Highfield steps down.
I just heard the same thing regarding Steve Hart. He will do an excellent job and bring a ton of excitement and enthusiasm back to Ludlow. Always thought it was his if he wanted it, and its an excellent choice. Get ready for a fast pace, lots of threes and Steve pacing the sidelines with maybe a few comments for the officials. Great hire!
-
Next Campbell County Coach
Tom Dilts has done a very nice job at Dayton the last few years. In addition, he has held the kids accountable. As for Bradshaw, he is the first and only coach I have ever seen wear an earring while coaching a high school game.
-
Campbell Co Head Coaching Job?
If Brad Carr doesn't get the Holmes job, I look for him to end up at Campbell.
-
Ludlows Highfield steps down.
I still think its Steve Hart if he wants it. Anyone that can win 20 plus games every year at a school with 35 boys like the Grove can get it done.
-
Ballard 60 Male 56
Did anyone else have trouble with Wazoo's broadcast last night? It froze a lot and was very blurry. Not complaining, just wondering if it was my computer or not.
-
Campbell County --Coach Code MUST GO!
Yep, a guy that has won regional titles with 3 different schools. What more are the Birds fans looking for?
-
Prayers with the Bishop Brossart Basketball Community
I've always thought you could tell a lot about a person the way they play and you could certainly see that with Mitch. He took the charges, dove all over the floor, sacrificed his body and did all those little things. His passion for the game was the same way he lived his life. Mitch gave 100% all the time, every time. He coached the same way he played and was an excellent role model for the kids at St. Mary's, especially this year when they went through some tough moments. There isn't one time in talking to Mitch that he didn't have a smile on his face, and his personality rubbed off on everyone he talked to. My prayers are with his family and the entire Brossart community. He will be greatly missed.
-
Male / Trinity updates
Male wins by 1-not sure of score
-
Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches All Star Teams
I agree, Watson was an absolute workhorse inside. Seems like a lot of times they try to get players from multiple teams on the list, instead of the best.
-
Newport Central Catholic 68 Highlands 48
Actually, it just doesn't seem like there are many NCC people that post much about boys games, regardless of the outcome. Instead of worrying that the entire state of Highlands basketball is falling apart, maybe the kids from Newcath deserve a little credit. It has nothing to do with Moyer's grade school league, injuries, Mike Flynn or the # of kids in each class. NewCath just happened to be better on Wednesday night. The birds packed it in early, and then Newcath hit shots. Highlands had to come out and guard and Pangallo went by them and either scored or created for others. I just find it amazing that some can't give credit to the opposing players, but instead feel like their program is falling to pieces. Sometimes all you can do is tip your cap and move on. Flynn is a great coach, and been to the Sweet 16 with 3 schools. He will do great if given the chance. Injuries happen to all teams, some worse than others, but you must move on and play the hand your dealt this time of year. The sky isn't falling in Ft. Thomas, just ran into a tough draw against a hot team and a very good/underrated coach in Brannen. Gotta give the Breds all the credit in the world. On the bright side, the Birds can get an early start on spring football...
-
Holmes 46 Newport Central Catholic 43
Lampe, off the bench, had 2 threes in the 2nd quarter (one at the halftime buzzer) and 2 threes in the 3rd qurter. Tyler was huge spark in getting NewCath back in the game. Schmidt had 5 points total.
-
Holmes 46 Newport Central Catholic 43
That was Tyler Lampe who came off the bench to hit 4 three pointers.
-
Top 10th Region players of this century
My starting five: PG-Corey Pelle-Silver Grove SG-Chris Lofton-Mason County SF-Preston Knowles-Clark County PF-Darius Miller-Mason County C-Keaton Belcher-Pendleton County Many 10th regioners didn't get the chance to see Pelle, but he was a pleasure to watch and a current D 2 All American. I listened to a Brossart webcast where Code said he was the single toughest player to prepare for in the year they won the All A State. Anyone that can avg. over 25 a game vs Brossart's Defense 3 times a year has got to be good.
-
Brossart/Hazard Updates
Any updates? I just lost the sound at work after listening for 6 hours today.
-
2010 Toyota Classic
When do they draw for the car raffle? I bought a few tickets at a CovCath game a few weeks back.
-
Collinsworth offered by Notre Dame...
A little "Birdie" told me he is on the ND campus today.
-
9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll
If looking for a good comparison, Pelle had 26 against Bellarmine last year, who I believe is this season's #1 team in the Preseason rankings. Corey was in the top 10 in the country for assists and steals for most of the season. All in all, West Liberty is a much better fit for Corey anyway. They lead the nation in scoring at 100 ppg and their system fits him better than any program. Regarding other players passed up by NKU, Zimmerman and Krebs from NewCath are 2 that come to mind.
-
9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll
Looks like West Virginia Wesleyan has 23 players on their roster, which I have never seen on the D 2 level. I would think they most likely play a D 2 JV or maybe a freshman schedule. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think D 2's get scholly money to cover about 10 full scholarships. Of those 10, I would imagine their top 7 or 8 players are getting 90% of that money. Basically put, you can't give a 30K per yr scholly to 23 players. From a business standpoint its a good deal for these colleges. If a college offers 12-15 "scholarships" ranging from $500 to $1000 each, those families still have to come up with over $20K. Not sure if this is the case here, just a thought.
-
9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll
Don't even get me started. I have mentioned that same thing more than once on here over the last 3 years. I guess that drive down 1998 was too far for NKU to go and make an offer.
-
Update on Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice
Knowles was much more ready than Justice on the defensive end. However, Justice is better offensively. By far, Justice has the best crossover of any KY high school player I have seen and he does a fantastic job making guys around him better. He is a great scorer, but I would not classify him as a great shooter. I would say he is in the 5'9", 160 range, which would hurt him a D in the Big East. Seems like a MAC type school or a Butler would be a pretty good fit. On average, I would guess that most Big East PG's are going to have 3 or 4 inches on him, a good 40 pounds and be just as quick if not quicker.
- Should Cov Cath install lights?
-
9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll
Newport will miss Darnell, but they will be very good. McDaniel, Tucker, Luther and Collins all have good size at their positions. Speaking of this class of seniors, what ever happened to Arkansas Brewer? I can remember a long thread on him about 4 years ago regarding how good he was.