Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10th Region players of this century

Featured Replies

With all the snow, I've been looking for something to do, and started thinking about top players in the tenth region over last ten years.

 

I'll start with a few; I've only followed high school basketball for a few years, so I'm sure my list is too current. Feel free to add your players or rank a top 10.

 

Preston Knowles, Clark County

Darius Miller, Mason County

Russ Middleton, Mason County

Chris Lofton, Mason County

Pat Elliot, Pendleton County

Joey Verax, Pendleton County

Keaton Belcher, Pendleton County

Troy Cooper. Bishop Brossart

Brett White, Campbell County

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the snow, I've been looking for something to do, and started thinking about top players in the tenth region over last ten years.

 

I'll start with a few; I've only followed high school basketball for a few years, so I'm sure my list is too current. Feel free to add your players or rank a top 10.

 

Preston Knowles, Clark County

Darius Miller, Mason County

Russ Middleton, Mason County

Chris Lofton, Mason County

Pat Elliot, Pendleton County

Joey Verax, Pendleton County

Keaton Belcher, Pendleton County

Troy Cooper. Bishop Brossart

Brett White, Campbell County

 

Those that are bolded, where did they end up playing college ball. I believe some went to a school, but then left. Any info? Thanks

Russ is a redshirt freshman at Georgetown College.

I believe Joey Verax graduated from Transy after a successful basketball career there.

Ryan Bretz-Nicholas County

Chris Owens- St. Patrick

Preston Lemaster-Bourbon County

Odell Cosby- Paris

Brian Kirk- Augusta

 

Just throwing a few out there from the early 2000's looking back there are are many great players in the decade

  • Author
Those that are bolded, where did they end up playing college ball. I believe some went to a school, but then left. Any info? Thanks

 

I believe Troy Cooper is on the track team at UC. Pat Elliot went to Berea but didn't stay there, and is now a volunteer on the Pendleton County coaching staff. Joey Verax was first team all-conference at Transy.

I believe Troy Cooper is on the track team at UC. Pat Elliot went to Berea but didn't stay there, and is now a volunteer on the Pendleton County coaching staff. Joey Verax was first team all-conference at Transy.

 

 

Thanks . I always wondered what he was doing now.

Century or decade?

This most recent decade and century are one and the same, I think.

I'd go ahead and put Robbie Stenzel up there. Hes accomplished an awful lot individually. I believe he will finish this year strong and have a great senior year as well. Also Grutza at Mason Co. had a great career too.

My starting five:

 

PG-Corey Pelle-Silver Grove

SG-Chris Lofton-Mason County

SF-Preston Knowles-Clark County

PF-Darius Miller-Mason County

C-Keaton Belcher-Pendleton County

 

 

Many 10th regioners didn't get the chance to see Pelle, but he was a pleasure to watch and a current D 2 All American. I listened to a Brossart webcast where Code said he was the single toughest player to prepare for in the year they won the All A State. Anyone that can avg. over 25 a game vs Brossart's Defense 3 times a year has got to be good.

Does anyone know of any players in the previous Century? LOL

I believe Troy Cooper is on the track team at UC. Pat Elliot went to Berea but didn't stay there, and is now a volunteer on the Pendleton County coaching staff. Joey Verax was first team all-conference at Transy.

 

Troy received a full ride for shot and discus at UC. He currently holds the outdoor shot record at UC that had been in tact since 1983 (57'9") and is an inch away from setting their indoor record.

He had 1077 points at Brossart and was a fantastic goalie for the Soccer team. He currently graces the cover of the web page

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/c-track/cinn-c-track-body.html

  • Author
My starting five:

 

PG-Corey Pelle-Silver Grove

SG-Chris Lofton-Mason County

SF-Preston Knowles-Clark County

PF-Darius Miller-Mason County

C-Keaton Belcher-Pendleton County

 

 

Many 10th regioners didn't get the chance to see Pelle, but he was a pleasure to watch and a current D 2 All American. I listened to a Brossart webcast where Code said he was the single toughest player to prepare for in the year they won the All A State. Anyone that can avg. over 25 a game vs Brossart's Defense 3 times a year has got to be good.

 

That starting five looks great to me. The 10th Region boasts 5 players that have had very succesful post-high school careers.

 

Also agree with you about Corey Pelle. I watched him score almost 40 points in the first half against Pendleton County his senior year. Silver Grove lost the game, but there was absolutely no way to stop this kid.

Does anyone know of any players in the previous Century? LOL

 

I can go back as far as the late 40's.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.