Ludlows Highfield steps down.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Cory. Certain places seem tough to coach at these days-Conner, Ludlow, Grant County and Greenup County come to mind.

Highfield was often times a lightning rod for criticism. Some deserved and some not deserved. Hopefully the next coach will be someone that commands respect and creates enthusiasm for the boys basketball program all the way down into the elementary school. Those are 2 areas that seemed to be lacking in the past several years for whatever reason.

First of all, I've always been a supporter of Coach Highfield, and will continue to be. I'm sure his resignation has more to do with him being Athletics Director than anything else. Second, he's been playing a huge role in the All A Classic administration, which I'm sure contributed to this as well. The best of luck to him. - Magregor

Joe is principal. I don't think he can hire his son due to nepotism laws. Talent has been low at Ludlow. I've heard they have 2 nice 8th graders, they will likely have an effect on Ludlow's future success.

I believe Coach Highfield did the best that he could have with what he had to work with. I don't think a single person can argue that the talent level at Ludlow has been down for the last 3 or 4 years. So it would have been very unreasonable to expect the same success that Ludlow had in the early 2000's. The one year that he did have a pretty talented team, which was his first year they made the region. So with talent he did show that he could do something with it. After that the talent level did go pretty far down, compared to what it once was at.

I wish Coach Highfield the best of luck, and I am sure one day we will see him coaching again in either baseball or basketball.:thumb:

For people who know me, when I have talked about Coach, I have always said that Coach Highfield is a very good person. He had a lot of tough and just unfair things to deal with during his time as basketball coach. As I said the talent level was way down compared to what it once was. Also just the kids these days are just different. I just don't see the same passion for the game anymore out of these kids, like there use to be. It seems like they just don't care as much, and not willing to do whatever they can to do better. Instead they look for excuses, and someone to blame. Sometimes a player might not agree with a thing a coach does. However that is no excuse not to listen, and not to try as hard as you can. I know when I was playing sports in high school, me and my teammates might not have agreed with somethings. However it never stopped us from playing as hard as we can, and doing whatever we could to get better and to win. I just don't see that out of the kids these days. I remember we hated to lose and it would really bother us, and now a days it just really doesn't seem like it bothers them. They are more worried about other things, and its a shame that it is that way these days, and a big reason for why there hasn't been as much success lately. Coach Highfield had it tough when it came down to these things. As I said the talent level was down, but if these kids would have played with heart, and showed some passion for the game and really worked at it. Then lack of talent wouldn't have mattered as much, because hardwork could have overcame that, and I don't feel like the kids these days were willing to do that, and it was a shame. So Coach had it tough when it came to dealing with these things, and its the same way for the other coaches in the other sports too at Ludlow. The passion for the game in these kids is missing.

If interested the logical choice would be to ask Coach Stamm if he is interested in the boys job. He would bring some much needed respect and enthusiasm to the job. Kids like playing for him and he works well with the administration, boosters and parents. If Stamm isn't interested I hope the decision makers have enough sense to open the job search up and actually interview a variety of candidates.Too many done deals have taken place in the past.

I cannot remember his name, but didn't they have the former coach from Silver Grove on the bench the past couple of years?

Steve Hart- and yes he is well respected. I want to know what is going on at Ludlow. Some have said in other threads that Cory is staying as AD, others say he is not. Can anyone clarify?