Ludlows Highfield steps down.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, I don't think any teacher was wanting the baseball job. I cant remember if there was a teacher wanting the girls job when he first got it. The girls job wasn't a job that was to attractive when he took over. So there really might not have been anyone who was wanting it. If there was I think he would have had a hard time getting it.

This is kind of a pointless argument here for us. I know I completely agree with you, that Stamm should probably be the favorite to get the job. He has the experience, and did a great job with the girls program. If he wanted the boys job, he should get it IMO. However I just don't think it will play out that way, and I think most likely we will see Adam Clary will get it. I am not saying Adam is a bad coach, he very well might do a good job with the program. However if it was down to them two, the choice should be Stamm over him. Adam then could take over the girls program, and get some experience running a varsity program as a head coach.

When the girls job came open 6 years ago there was a JV girls coach who was also a teacher in the district who was interested and was told he would not be considered. As for it not being an attractive job at the time I most certainly would have to say that the boys job is certainly not one to be thought of as an attractive job considering the record of the last 5 years.

When the girls job came open 6 years ago there was a JV girls coach who was also a teacher in the district who was interested and was told he would not be considered. As for it not being an attractive job at the time I most certainly would have to say that the boys job is certainly not one to be thought of as an attractive job considering the record of the last 5 years.

My point of it not being that attractice of a job, was that it was not like there was many people trying to get the job. So it did make it easier for Stamm to get it, at that time. Also this boys job is still more attrractive, than the girls job was 6 years ago. You definitely are hearing about more people at least showing interest in it. I have heard of a few people from other schools, who have at least shown some interest in it.

Why are you even arguing with me about this? We both agree that Coach Stamm, SHOULD be the favorite to get it. However I am just being realistic in saying, that it most likely will be Adam Clary who gets it. So why argue about it, since Im sure you know this too.

What about Rodney Snapp at Dixie, He is young and full of energy. He has been an assisant at Holmes, and at Milan Indiana where the program had huge amounts of success while he was there. I think he would be just what they need in Ludlow!

Rod is at Dixie not Holmes but he would make a great head coach.

My point of it not being that attractice of a job, was that it was not like there was many people trying to get the job. So it did make it easier for Stamm to get it, at that time. Also this boys job is still more attrractive, than the girls job was 6 years ago. You definitely are hearing about more people at least showing interest in it. I have heard of a few people from other schools, who have at least shown some interest in it.

Why are you even arguing with me about this? We both agree that Coach Stamm, SHOULD be the favorite to get it. However I am just being realistic in saying, that it most likely will be Adam Clary who gets it. So why argue about it, since Im sure you know this too.

Not at all arguing with you just clearing up some less than accurate comments you have made. I do agree that Adam Clary will end up with the job and I think given the proper amount time will do a great job.

Not at all arguing with you just clearing up some less than accurate comments you have made. I do agree that Adam Clary will end up with the job and I think given the proper amount time will do a great job.

What less than accurate comments did I make? If you look back at the post I said I couldn't remember if there was anyone else wanting the girl job when he took over. I mentioned how it was not a very attractive job at the time, and apparently as you said, there was only one other person who really showed interested in it. So that was a pretty accurate comment that I made. I have said usually if a teacher wants a job at Ludlow, then they usually get it. Which also has been proven true many of times. So what about my comments were not accurate? Once again there really was no need for this discussion between us. We both agree Stamm should be the favorite, but we both realize that Adam Clary will be the one who most likely gets its. End of story.

Now for the last part that you said, I do agree that I think Adam Clary will do a good job with the program, if people are just patient with him. The patient part seems to be a big problem in the Ludlow community though, but thats a whole other story.

Edited by futurecoach

What less than accurate comments did I make? If you look back at the post I said I couldn't remember if there was anyone else wanting the girl job when he took over. I mentioned how it was not a very attractive job at the time, and apparently as you said, there was only one other person who really showed interested in it. So that was a pretty accurate comment that I made. I have said usually if a teacher wants a job at Ludlow, then they usually get it. Which also has been proven true many of times. So what about my comments were not accurate? Once again there really was not need for this discussion between us. We both agree Stamm should be the favorite, but we both realize that Adam Clary will be the one who most likely gets its. End of story.

Now for the last part that you said, I do agree that I think Adam Clary will do a good job with the program, if people are just patient with him. The patient part seems to be a big problem in the Ludlow community though, but thats a whole other story.

Spoken like a true recent college graduate that has hopes of returning to his alma mater to teach and coach. Good luck with that:isurrender::ylsuper:

Spoken like a true recent college graduate that has hopes of returning to his alma mater to teach and coach. Good luck with that:isurrender::ylsuper:

Honestly that is the least of my worries, about going back to Ludlow. I know chances are I won't be, but if it happens great, but if not thats fine too. I have gotten the opportunity to be at many other schools, and have gotten to experience a lot of great things at these other schools. I am someone who is just hoping to return to this NKY/Cincinnati area to teach and possibly have an opportunity to coach at, and where ever that may be, will be the school that I am loyal to and will have my full support just like Ludlow has had.:thumb:

Honestly that is the least of my worries, about going back to Ludlow. I know chances are I won't be, but if it happens great, but if not thats fine too. I have gotten the opportunity to be at many other schools, and have gotten to experience a lot of great things at these other schools. I am someone who is just hoping to return to this NKY/Cincinnati area to teach and possibly have an opportunity to coach at, and where ever that may be, will be the school that I am loyal to and will have my full support just like Ludlow has had.:thumb:

Congratulations on your graduation and good luck wherever you end up teaching and coaching.:thumb:

If you want to talk about a coach being a motivator, then Adam is as good as they come. Not only has he had success as a varsity assistant at Dixie and jv coach at Ludlow, look at what he has done in other sports. As the head cross country coach this year (and in his first year doing it at that) he took the boys team to state for the first time EVER. As an assistant track coach he has sent an individual jumper/hurdler to the state track meet every single year he has coached those events. If that doesn't scream motivation I don't know what does.

If you want to talk about a coach being a motivator, then Adam is as good as they come. Not only has he had success as a varsity assistant at Dixie and jv coach at Ludlow, look at what he has done in other sports. As the head cross country coach this year (and in his first year doing it at that) he took the boys team to state for the first time EVER. As an assistant track coach he has sent an individual jumper/hurdler to the state track meet every single year he has coached those events. If that doesn't scream motivation I don't know what does.

I mentioned before that I think he will do a good job if he gets the job, like most of us think he will. I know I have said that I think Coach Stamm if he wanted it, should have been the favorite for it IMO. However I do think Adam will do a good job, as long as people are patient and give him a chance.:thumb:

First of all, I've always been a supporter of Coach Highfield, and will continue to be. I'm sure his resignation has more to do with him being Athletics Director than anything else. Second, he's been playing a huge role in the All A Classic administration, which I'm sure contributed to this as well. The best of luck to him. - Magregor

Sources down at Ludlow have reported that Highfield resigned or was relieved of his AD duties sometime this week. :idunno: