Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TubbyCAT

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TubbyCAT

  1. That does say a lot LBBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Probably will be up for the Friday and Saturday games!
  3. The departure of Mac Whittaker has been speculated for years, however I do think there is some merit to this story. Maybe not this season, but very soon. That's the word I heard was going around among some school officials! It could all STILL be pure speculation!
  4. I don't think Robert Hammonds will EVER be inducted into the 10th Region HOF based on his tenure at Bracken County. I just don't think there was enough time there and not enough credentials, one upset victory over Bishop Brossart doesn't make a career!!!
  5. I am PRETTY certain the 8th Region Tournament is held at Henry County every season and it has the largest seating capacity in the region. Not for sure how long they have hosted consecutively or anything to that extent, but I do think host it annually. Maybe an 8th region fan can help us out here!!! I am a bit offended though, Big Time Blue. didn't have a job for me!!!
  6. There is a rumor floating around that Coach Mac Whittaker of Harrison County may be hanging up the ole basketball coaches whistle, just what I've heard!
  7. This is a very interesting debate, w/good arguments on both sides. However, what it all comes down to is seating capacity and Mason has more!
  8. Once a FT shooter receives the ball from the official, NO timeouts can be called by either team until the shot has been taken! As for the throw in situation, the team that has possession of the ball is the only team at that point that can call a timeout once the official hands the ball to the player throwing the ball in bounds!
  9. No matter what there should have been a write-up regarding that game!!!!!!!!! There is NO excuse for there not being one!
  10. Another tough loss for the junior class of Mason County. Seems Coach High and Montgomery County has Mason County and Coach Buser's number! It will be VERY interesting to see how Mason County fares next season!
  11. Congrats to Kane, good choice!
  12. I met Coach Keith as a youngster and I was star struck b/c I knew he was a legendary coach. I set in his office when I was a kid and listened to him and my dad talk basketball, it was a truly rewarding experience! Every time I have seen him since then he has spoken to me! He is a great coach, a legend, maybe the best ever, but he is an even better man!
  13. Mason County and Montgomery County will meet in the finals! Montgomery County sends Coach High back to the Sweet 16 w/a finals win over Mason County!
  14. Congrats to AHS's 4 seniors and Coach Kelsch for back-to-back regional appearances. That is huge for a small school!
  15. Get well soon Travis, fine career!
  16. Excellent, this is how it is supposed to be! Coaching would be much easier if all players and parents were like this!!!
  17. I liked the design, but I thought the tee-shirt was not high quality in my opinion. I also thought that Augusta should have had some orange in their name and Deming some red. However, it was a very cool design!
  18. I have been told and it has been reported on this site that there was not a SINGLE player nominated for the 10th Region Girls Coaches Association All-Region teams from Bracken Co. I also know for a FACT that there wasn't a player, coach, or contributor from Bracken Co. nominated for the 10th Region HOF this season either. There are deserving people at BCHS who need to have the opportunity to be considered by the regions coaches. As someone who has fought for more recognition for girls basketball I find it APPALING that the coaches at BCHS did not nominate a single player for All-Region consideration and an even BIGGER disappointment that no one was nominated for the 10th Region HOF! The 10th Region Girls HOF is a very special thing and it deserves to be treated better and looked upon w/class by those in charge at Bracken County. It is an honor to be nominated, let alone inducted!
  19. You are certainly right, URIT! The Lady Panthers gave Montgomery all they could handle in the regional, I believe Appleman went for 30+ points and 15+rebounds that night and the really good player from Montgomery went for 30+ (her name escapes me as I type this).
  20. That '93 team was led by Rachael Appleman and Dana Bach. Appleman is Augusta's all time leading scorer and rebounder and was a part of the first-ever 10th Region Girls Hall-of-Fame class. She was very talented and left it all on the court every night, she was a multi-faceted player. Dana Bach is the current assistant coach and was a heckuva point guard in her day, she had handles, great passer, good defender, nice shot, and a solid leader. The Lady Panthers had a nice 1-2 punch in '93!
  21. YES, a girl can be successful at 2 sports!
  22. Thoughts and prayers from Northern Kentucky!
  23. I kind of find it appalling that the Bracken Co. Lady Bears coaching staff didn't nominate a single player for voting consideration! I wander why this was done, seems a bit unfair to the players!
  24. This will not be a pretty outcome! Augusta will play w/a lot of heart but in the end, they just can't and don't match up w/GRC!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.