Ivy Livengood- Bourbon County

Coach of the Year (tie)

Terence Brooks of Paris and

John High of Montgomery County

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is no exact science to these things and they are subjective at best, but if Maggie Prewitt(Montgomery Co.) isn't on the 1st team then there shouldn't be a 1st team at all! I've seen all of these young ladies perform on the 1st team and they are all good players, but the stat line for Maggie Prewitt would probably put all to shame. There isn't an aspect of the game that she hasn't proven herself in consistently throughout the season. Her not being on the 1st team would be like Carmelo Anthony not being on the All-Star team this year. Her play over her high school career makes her a legitimate Miss Basketball candidate next year and if not for Natalie Novosel (Lex. Catholic) she may be a front runner! Mine is totally an opinion and by no means do I want to take away from the honor of those on the 1st team, I just think that she may have been overlooked for what she has been able to accomplish and do it in an unselfish way on a very talented team!

It's not her fault she is aggressive and can finish around the basket! Wouldn't you rather a player do that then shoot lower pct. shots from out on the floor?

I'm sure she could care less of what team she is on as long as her team has success, but I like to see kids get the proper recognition they deserve when they do good things the right way! I doubt that any of the other girls on the 1st team have the stat line that she has is all I was saying. I mean you could make arguements for others in the region to be on the 1st team like Litzinger or Hinkson but I chose Prewitt because of her stat line in comparison to all the rest. It's not going to change anything I just wanted to recognize her as the outstanding player she is and if she was a senior this year with her stats she would probably be the Region Player of the Year.:walk:

I can't believe Torrey Chambers of Mason County is no where to be found on this list, not even as honorable mention. She has averaged double figures for MC and nearly double digits in rebounds. In my opinion the most steadiest player all season on both ends of the ball for Mason County.

Maggie Prewitt is the best in the 10th region, If you dont think so watch next sat night at 8pm.. As far as the teams getting picked, Looked like the same recruiters that Ky has, The best players are on the 2nd and 3rd teams. And the young girl from mason co. Torre Chambers is not on the list, this is embarrasing to basketball

Maggie Prewitt is the best in the 10th region, If you dont think so watch next sat night at 8pm.. As far as the teams getting picked, Looked like the same recruiters that Ky has, The best players are on the 2nd and 3rd teams. And the young girl from mason co. Torre Chambers is not on the list, this is embarrasing to basketball

I find this humorous.

These players were voted upon by the 10th Region varsity coaches ONLY. You know the ones that see these players all the time. The ones who have to coach against them. The ones who scout them for hours, looking for weaknesses in their game so that when they take the court against these players, they have a chance at a victory.

These coaches have seen and know these players better than anybody in the region.

So for these players to be named where they are, it comes to pretty much a consensus among the 10th region coaches.

And to say they don't know what they are talking about is way off base.

As far as the comment on Torrey Chambers, it would be interesting to know if she was nominated. Can't vote for her if she has not been nominated.

As far as Maggie Prewitt, excellent, excellent player. And as good as any on the first team. Who would you like to remove from the first team? You can't remove Danis, Chambers or Cline. Turley is as good as Prewitt and means MORE to her team than Prewitt considering Prewitt has Danis and other very talented players. Norton is very deserving the type of player that coaches appreciate. All of these girls deserve to be on the first team.

I can't believe Torrey Chambers of Mason County is no where to be found on this list, not even as honorable mention. She has averaged double figures for MC and nearly double digits in rebounds. In my opinion the most steadiest player all season on both ends of the ball for Mason County.

I agree with you PressRow Torrey should be on this list she does alot for Mason Co. and has played solid down low for them all year . She will surely be missed next year.

I agree with you PressRow Torrey should be on this list she does alot for Mason Co. and has played solid down low for them all year . She will surely be missed next year.

I would say what hurt her was having 3 teammates on the list. It would be hard pressed to vote for 4 players off of one team that is not dominating the region while excluding single players from other schools.

As I look at the list, not a single player in those first 15 names that is not deserving of the honor.