Coaches Association All 10th Region Teams

Montgomery is being shorted because Prewitt is a 1st teamer and that isn't even an arguement! I think it's funny is all! I think Montgomery only played 7 regular season games in region this year because frankly there wasn't enough competition. They played the 4 best teams in the region, Mason, Paris, Clark and Bourbon Co. and against those teams they are 8-1 and they played Mason at Mason without Senior starter Natasha Thomas who is critical to their defense. Not saying that Mason couldn't have beat Montgomery anyways but it is something to consider in that matchup. My point being is that a lot of the coaches voting have not seen Montgomery play this year and that could've figured in to the voting but I'm telling you if Maggie Prewitt is not a top 5 player in this region then our region is loaded with a lot of Division 1 talent. I myself have wonder if she could play D1 but from what I understand she is getting some attention from big D1 schools. Now other than D. Chambers is there anyone else on this list that make that claim? I don't even believe Danis is getting that type of attention and she may be the most important player on the Montgomery Co. team.

I'll just keep quit on this topic because it's obvious that it won't change the minds of some, especially those that haven't seen this young lady play the last 3 years, more importantly this year against the best teams in the state. This team has played Boone Co, Sacred Heart, Ohio Co., Christian Academy of Louisville, Mercy, Breathitt Co., Henderson Co. to name a few and she may have been the best player on the floor in each of those games when you look at her stat line both offensively and defensively. Now I challenge anyone to make a case for anyone else on this list a reason why Maggie Prewitt isn't a top 5 player in this region if she has done this against the best teams in the state? Nothing against Norton and Turley because I too think they are good players but they haven't played the competition Prewitt has to make a legitmate comparison. I hate that I'm having to make a claim for this young lady and making it sound as if others are not deserving but I've seen all of these young ladies play this year and if I had to start a team with the players from the 10th Region I'm going to look heavily at D. Chambers, C. Danis and Prewitt before making that decision and no one else. Those 3 are that much better than the rest in my opinion, although the Rogers sisters put on a show tonight in the 2nd half.

Also LLBC, I know the all tourney team hasn't been chosen but I know every team gets a player on the team and there are only 15 players chosen and it is predisposed as to how many each team gets on the all tourney team based upon how far they go in the tournament. If you saw the Brossart/Nicholas Co. game tonight you would get my point about why it's unfair. Someone for Nicholas Co. is going to get on the team for showing up because they didn't play well at all and Brossart didn't play that much better but have a chance to redeem themselves on Friday!:sleep:

'

I've seen her play several times. Probably did deserve 1st team, but will need to develope a better outside shot to play D1.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery is being shorted because Prewitt is a 1st teamer and that isn't even an arguement! I think it's funny is all! I think Montgomery only played 7 regular season games in region this year because frankly there wasn't enough competition. They played the 4 best teams in the region, Mason, Paris, Clark and Bourbon Co. and against those teams they are 8-1 and they played Mason at Mason without Senior starter Natasha Thomas who is critical to their defense. Not saying that Mason couldn't have beat Montgomery anyways but it is something to consider in that matchup. My point being is that a lot of the coaches voting have not seen Montgomery play this year and that could've figured in to the voting but I'm telling you if Maggie Prewitt is not a top 5 player in this region then our region is loaded with a lot of Division 1 talent. I myself have wonder if she could play D1 but from what I understand she is getting some attention from big D1 schools. Now other than D. Chambers is there anyone else on this list that make that claim? I don't even believe Danis is getting that type of attention and she may be the most important player on the Montgomery Co. team.

I'll just keep quit on this topic because it's obvious that it won't change the minds of some, especially those that haven't seen this young lady play the last 3 years, more importantly this year against the best teams in the state. This team has played Boone Co, Sacred Heart, Ohio Co., Christian Academy of Louisville, Mercy, Breathitt Co., Henderson Co. to name a few and she may have been the best player on the floor in each of those games when you look at her stat line both offensively and defensively. Now I challenge anyone to make a case for anyone else on this list a reason why Maggie Prewitt isn't a top 5 player in this region if she has done this against the best teams in the state? Nothing against Norton and Turley because I too think they are good players but they haven't played the competition Prewitt has to make a legitmate comparison. I hate that I'm having to make a claim for this young lady and making it sound as if others are not deserving but I've seen all of these young ladies play this year and if I had to start a team with the players from the 10th Region I'm going to look heavily at D. Chambers, C. Danis and Prewitt before making that decision and no one else. Those 3 are that much better than the rest in my opinion, although the Rogers sisters put on a show tonight in the 2nd half.

Also LLBC, I know the all tourney team hasn't been chosen but I know every team gets a player on the team and there are only 15 players chosen and it is predisposed as to how many each team gets on the all tourney team based upon how far they go in the tournament. If you saw the Brossart/Nicholas Co. game tonight you would get my point about why it's unfair. Someone for Nicholas Co. is going to get on the team for showing up because they didn't play well at all and Brossart didn't play that much better but have a chance to redeem themselves on Friday!:sleep:

'

She will have her chance next season with Danis, Thomas and High no longer around. If she's a D1 player (and she very well might be) she'll get that chance to prove it next season! I'm sorry but she's not a Rebecca Gray or Kelya Snowden... but I do think she belongs among the top 5 in the Region. IMO;)

She will have her chance next season with Danis, Thomas and High no longer around. If she's a D1 player (and she very well might be) she'll get that chance to prove it next season! I'm sorry but she's not a Rebecca Gray or Kelya Snowden... but I do think she belongs among the top 5 in the Region. IMO;)

I agree. I think if she can learn to shoot the ball off the dribble and off the screen, and handle the ball in traffic she could make someone a nice player.

She may or may not be a D1 player, that's not for me to decide, that will be up to the D1 coaches! I'm just telling you what I'm hearing! People have been discussing that very point when it comes to her. No, she isn't Rebecca Gray or Keyla Snowden but if Jenny Pfiffer can play at UK and could get a shot then definitely Prewitt can! I think you all are under estimating the ability of D1 coaches and their ability to recruit based upon needs for their team and how they develop players.

There were D1 Coaches that thought Chris Lofton couldn't get his own shot or that he was just a jump shooter, I guess there were some D1 coaches that were proven wrong about that too! The only point I've been trying to make and will stand by is that Prewitt is a top 5 player in this region no matter what the coaches voted, in fact I bet if we could see the voting results I bet every coach that had to coach against Prewitt had her on their top 5 list.

As for the comment about next year for Prewitt playing without this years seniors, Montgomery could very well be a better team next year with the replacements. They will be bigger and in some instances more athletic with Colliver (6'0"), Webb (5'10") and Jehlik(6'1") to go along with Lee and the younger Prewitt (5'10") and M. Prewitt, the beat very well could continue to go own in Mt. Sterling for many more years. That collection of girls alone have been playing together for years and have had great success at the AAU level competing nationally and being coached by the Prewitt's mom who was a college coach at Centre and took that school to a national tourney. :ylsuper:

She may or may not be a D1 player, that's not for me to decide, that will be up to the D1 coaches! I'm just telling you what I'm hearing! People have been discussing that very point when it comes to her. No, she isn't Rebecca Gray or Keyla Snowden but if Jenny Pfiffer can play at UK and could get a shot then definitely Prewitt can! I think you all are under estimating the ability of D1 coaches and their ability to recruit based upon needs for their team and how they develop players.

There were D1 Coaches that thought Chris Lofton couldn't get his own shot or that he was just a jump shooter, I guess there were some D1 coaches that were proven wrong about that too! The only point I've been trying to make and will stand by is that Prewitt is a top 5 player in this region no matter what the coaches voted, in fact I bet if we could see the voting results I bet every coach that had to coach against Prewitt had her on their top 5 list.

As for the comment about next year for Prewitt playing without this years seniors, Montgomery could very well be a better team next year with the replacements. They will be bigger and in some instances more athletic with Colliver (6'0"), Webb (5'10") and Jehlik(6'1") to go along with Lee and the younger Prewitt (5'10") and M. Prewitt, the beat very well could continue to go own in Mt. Sterling for many more years. That collection of girls alone have been playing together for years and have had great success at the AAU level competing nationally and being coached by the Prewitt's mom who was a college coach at Centre and took that school to a national tourney. :ylsuper:

As you say she could be a nice D1 player, but interest and offers are 2 completely different things.

Wow, where to start? Lets see, win the last two region championships (thats right 2 in a row) and have a pretty clear cut path to number 3 and you only have one player on the first team. Maggie absolutely deserves to be on the first team. One poster earlier said that she needed to develop the 3. How rediculous does that sound. Why do you need to develop the three (which by the way is a nice 3pt shot already) when nobody can stop this girl from getting to the basket? I question right now the ability to finish with the foul, but that will come with age and strength. But that does not take away from the player she is. The girl is for real.

Montgomery Co is by far the one of the top 5 teams in the state. You people love to hate but the truth is, they are just good from top to bottom.

Wow, where to start? Lets see, win the last two region championships (thats right 2 in a row) and have a pretty clear cut path to number 3 and you only have one player on the first team. Maggie absolutely deserves to be on the first team. One poster earlier said that she needed to develop the 3. How rediculous does that sound. Why do you need to develop the three (which by the way is a nice 3pt shot already) when nobody can stop this girl from getting to the basket? I question right now the ability to finish with the foul, but that will come with age and strength. But that does not take away from the player she is. The girl is for real.

Montgomery Co is by far the one of the top 5 teams in the state. You people love to hate but the truth is, they are just good from top to bottom.

I totally agree with this post.. Maggie Prewitt is the real deal, has been, and will continue to be for the remainder of her high school career.

I totally agree with this post.. Maggie Prewitt is the real deal, has been, and will continue to be for the remainder of her high school career.

When you hype somebody on the board, you take the good and the bad. I have no dog in the fight. Just my personal observations. As I said before, I thought she should be in the top 5, but still thinks she needs an effective perimeter shot to be an effective college player. As a guard at the D1 level people are going to take the drive away.

Big Ups, to Crimedoc! You said it best with so few words! I don't know if the others are hating they just haven't seen her play enough or at all! Prewitt will be talked about amongst the greats in the 10th when her career is over just as D. Chambers and probably Danis. Nothing against the other 3 on the 1st team but I don't think that will be the case for them. Casey Geiman was an excellent competitor at Brossart during her career and was probably 1st team all region her senior or junior year but she won't be one of the greats. When you talk about the greats you will mention Dinkins, Vice, King, W. Lee, C. Whitaker, N. Whitaker, M. Gray, Beth Wilkerson, Schweggman and on and on and Prewitt could very possibly be on that list by the end of her career with all she has accomplished as an individual and with her team. I just think personally the coaches dropped the ball in recognizing that by her not being on the 1st is all I'm saying. Whether she is or isn't a legitimate big time D1 player or not she is 1st team all 10th Region and no one will convince me otherwise because I've seen virtually them all in the Region and she is a top 3 player in the region. Rock on Maggie, keep doing your thing! :ylsuper:

Big Ups, to Crimedoc! You said it best with so few words! I don't know if the others are hating they just haven't seen her play enough or at all! Prewitt will be talked about amongst the greats in the 10th when her career is over just as D. Chambers and probably Danis. Nothing against the other 3 on the 1st team but I don't think that will be the case for them. Casey Geiman was an excellent competitor at Brossart during her career and was probably 1st team all region her senior or junior year but she won't be one of the greats. When you talk about the greats you will mention Dinkins, Vice, King, W. Lee, C. Whitaker, N. Whitaker, M. Gray, Beth Wilkerson, Schweggman and on and on and Prewitt could very possibly be on that list by the end of her career with all she has accomplished as an individual and with her team. I just think personally the coaches dropped the ball in recognizing that by her not being on the 1st is all I'm saying. Whether she is or isn't a legitimate big time D1 player or not she is 1st team all 10th Region and no one will convince me otherwise because I've seen virtually them all in the Region and she is a top 3 player in the region. Rock on Maggie, keep doing your thing! :ylsuper:
Good luck to Maggie and to Montgomery or who ever represents the 10th.