Maysville Ledger Independent

I can not believe there wasn't a write up on the semi final regional game between Clark Co and Scott in Mondays edition of the paper that was played Saturday afternoon.There was a big write up concerning the Mason Co and Brossart semi-final game. That kind of thing makes me consider cancelling my subscription. I'm also going to add this to the comment line of the paper. First time in a long time we never had a winning regional team picture and all the pictures we had in todays paper were Mason Co people. There were other teams in this tournament besides Mason Co. PRETTY BAD LEDGER INDEPENDENT.

Unless I missed it, there really isn't a write up about the Brossart-Mason County semi-finals game.

The article that is on there is of the Friday night Brossart-Mason County GIRLS Semi-Finals Game.

I would expect that both boys semi-finals games will be included to some degree in the Tuesday paper, even though the results of those games are irrelevant at this time.

Unless I missed it, there really isn't a write up about the Brossart-Mason County semi-finals game.

The article that is on there is of the Friday night Brossart-Mason County GIRLS Semi-Finals Game.

I would expect that both boys semi-finals games will be included to some degree in the Tuesday paper, even though the results of those games are irrelevant at this time.

In today's paper , there's about 1/4 page write up on the Mason Co's BOYS semi-final game with Brossart and NOTHING about the Clark Co -Scott Semi-final game. You did miss it. To me those games are not irrelevant at this time .Why would one game be printed and the other irrelevant.

I can not believe there wasn't a write up on the semi final regional game between Clark Co and Scott in Mondays edition of the paper that was played Saturday afternoon.There was a big write up concerning the Mason Co and Brossart semi-final game. That kind of thing makes me consider cancelling my subscription. I'm also going to add this to the comment line of the paper. First time in a long time we never had a winning regional team picture and all the pictures we had in todays paper were Mason Co people. There were other teams in this tournament besides Mason Co. PRETTY BAD LEDGER INDEPENDENT.

Nothing satisfies you does it.

From what I can tell, looks like someone might want to get a new keyboard as their caps lock key seems to be stuck. I thought that was in the form of yelling with the caps lock key on and not allowed.

Doesn't have anything to do with the topic. I do need a new keyboard ,the cApS lOcK KeyS doesn't work all the time.

Here is the article from the Lexinton Heard this morning:

Clark crashes Royals' party

Knowles scores 33 as Cards earn first state trip since '90

Preston Knowles helped drive Clark County, a 10th Region runner-up twice the past four years, into the Sweet Sixteen.

Clark County basketball star Preston Knowles said he "took it to heart" when he read a story in the Maysville newspaper a couple days ago about Mason County fans planning a celebration for when the Royals are in the Sweet Sixteen next week.

So yesterday afternoon Knowles and his Clark County teammates made headlines of their own by stunning host Mason County 63-59 in the 10th Region finals.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16885663.htm

Relax, guy. I'm just wondering what exactly the Ledger did to you that you feel compelled to get on BGP and pick apart everything about the paper (and apparently everything about Mason County and Maysville in general) all week?

First off, I'll try to clear up any confusion I can...

Saturday's paper ran the Friday semifinal between Mason and Brossart girls along with the Georgetown (OH) district championship.

Saturday there were writers going to Mason/Brossart, Scott/GRC, the Mason/Montgomery girls final and an Ohio girls regional final between Eastern Brown and Albany Alexander. All of those ran today execpt for Scott/GRC

I was honestly as surprised as anybody to not see Scott/GRC at all. Since it was a game between non-local teams and the finals would have taken place before the next edition of the paper ran, I wouldn't have expected a full story but I know there was still a writer and photographer scheduled for the game. I wasn't involved in the layout of today's paper but I'm sure there's a legitimate explanation. My specualtion would be that with only three sports pages today (something that is out of the sports department's hands) for five basketball games, a Nascar race and the NCAA tourney selection, something had to go, with the logical choice being a two-day old game game between non-local teams.

If Jonathan logs on later, he can probably confirm that or clear things up better than I can. Whatever the case is, it's not like the paper just randomly chooses to skip a region semifinal. Sometimes quick decisions have to be made with whatever you have to work with at the time. I probably would have gone with a couple paragraphs and a box score, maybe you would scrap the Nascar or NCAA story and go with a full game story. We don't know what he had to work with at the time and obviously, the decision was made to just put the final score on the bracket. Maybe that will upset some, but it's not like there's some hidden agenda against GRC.

Covering high school sports can be a thankless job at times because with so many schools spread around the area and the limitations deadlines put on time and travel, you're never going to please everyone. In the past, people have raised concerns about coverage of some of the harder schools to get to such as Deming, Lewis and the Ohio schools, and to be honest, in some cases they had a point and an effort was made to get more of them in this year.

I thought I had seen it all when people were saying earlier in the year that Mason wasn't getting enough coverage, but the idea of someone being upset that Clark is being slighted in the Maysville paper absolutely blows my mind.

The Ledger Independent headlines read" CHAMPIONSHIP HEARTBREAKERS". You have to read the article to see who won.:confused:

Wow. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.

Three local teams lost to three non-local teams by a total of 11 points in their respective regional finals, two of them losing leads in the final minute. Rather heartbreaking if you ask me. It's the Maysville paper after all, not the Cardinal/Indian/Spartan Fan Club Newsletter.

Wow. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.

Three local teams lost to three non-local teams by a total of 11 points in their respective regional finals, two of them losing leads in the final minute. Rather heartbreaking if you ask me. It's the Maysville paper after all, not the Cardinal/Indian/Spartan Fan Club Newsletter.

I'd bet it's the first time in the history of the paper that a regional semi-final game played at Mason Co hasn't been written up. Thats OK, I've understood your thinking for years and you give the Mason Co people what they want. Sure sorry about blowing someone's mind. :thumb: