Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
5A #2 Covington Catholic vs. LaSalle (OH) Predictions/Updates
Hopefully it is a close and a competitive game. As long as Cov Cath don't get blown out because I don't want to listen to all the people saying how dominate Cincinnati football is compared to NKY. I do think LaSalle will win because their level of competition has been far greater than what Cov Cath has played and LaSalle has been blowing teams out so far this year. Besides Lex Cath, Cov Cath has played no one, running clocks, starters pulled at halftime in 6 of 7 games. CovCath starters will definitely be playing the whole game this week so we shall see what their endurance looks like against a great team. The key for CovCath to win is no stupid turnovers, I think we can move the ball, our offense is explosive so we can pout points up. The big question mark will be the CCH secondary, they got abused by Beau Allen earlier this year. I don't how good of a passer LaSalle QB is but I'm sure the coach will have a good game plan ready to attack CCH secondary. I believe in Eddie Eviston, great coach, he will have a good game plan as well so hopefully Cov Cath can walk away with a victory. It would be a big statement win and would put the rest of the 5A teams on notice.
-
NKY Power Rankings: 10-03-19
1. Cov Cath 2. Conner 3. Highlands 4. SK 5. Ryle 6. NCC 7. Lloyd 8. Cooper 9. Beechwood 10. Newport
-
Northern Kentucky football is down, right?
Covcath plays LaSalle next week so I guess we will find out soon enough. But I agree, NKY football is down and will never compare to Cincinnati talent. I feel like St.X, Elder, Colerain Moeller, LaSalle always have 3-5 players going on to power 5 colleges. Cov Cath got Mayer but that's the biggest athlete to ever come out of that school.
-
IF you could change 1 thing about the new playoff system...
We need to go back to 4 classes instead of 6. I feel like every team in the state makes playoffs. If not, then only do 4 playoff games instead of 5. Too many crappy teams that are 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 making playoffs. I guess it's the world we live in where everyone gets a trophy. As far as new Playoff format, I'm not a fan of playing the same teams from your district in the first few rounds. I like seeing different teams from the state come play. I also don't like how a very good team could be eliminated by round 2. Example, I'm a Covcath graduate, to know that either CCH or Highlands will be eliminated in round 2 kind of sucks. I always enjoyed playing them for regional title in round 3.
-
5A #2 Covington Catholic vs. Cooper Predictions/Updates
Cov cath wins big but all these non-competive games for Covcath, it scares me when it comes time to play LaSalle and Highlands.
-
6A Ryle at Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates
Probably be 49-0 halfway thru 2nd quarter then Elder will put freshman team in and they still dominate. Ryle offense is horrendous and see them scoring 0 points.
-
Is it possible for Boyle County to have running clock the rest of the regular season?
Cov Cath didn't have running clocks on 3 opponents each of last 2 years. 2017 no running clock against Kings (OH), Columbus DeSales, and Indy Chatard. 2018 no running clock against Columbus DeSales and Indy Chatard, and Highlands in the regular season 21-14 even though CCH got one against Highlands in playoffs 36-0 last year.
-
Will Highlands lose another game before their showdown with CovCath?
I see CCH losing to LaSalle and Highlands getting beat by a few scores to Boyle. CCH commits way too many penalties and turnovers to beat a good team like LaSalle. You can beat bad teams with all the penalties/turnovers like CCH has been doing but LaSalle looks for real this year and will be a different kind of beast than what CCH have played so far.
-
NKY Power Rankings: 09-20-19
Covcath, Highlands, and everyone else is really, really, really bad and should be out of the top 10 but you got to rank them so I go with CCH, HHS, SK, Ryle, Beechwood
-
Who Are The Best Kickers and Punters in Kentucky?
Gronette for Covcath. He has been a kicker since freshman year. Currently a junior and had I think he has every kicking record at covcath. If not he will soon. Very consistent on extra points, has made many field goals even though CovCath hasn't had to kick too many field goals in the last 3 years. Gronette could make 40-50 yard field goals if given the chance. His kickoffs are almost always touchbacks. He will get recruited to a major D1 school next year.
-
2A #4 Beechwood vs. 5A #2 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
As long as Eviston is coaching CCH, then CCH should win big every year in this game.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings (9/16) - Discussion
I don't think there is a clear favorite in 5A this year. I think anyone of the top 6 teams could win state. Really Interested in the Highlands/Ryle game and Bowling Green/St. Xavier game this week.
-
5A #4 Highlands vs. 6A Ryle Predictions/Updates
HHS 35-14
-
2A #3 Lexington Christian Academy vs. 4A #3 Lexington Catholic ***Upset Alert***
LexCath 42-17
-
2A #4 Beechwood vs. 5A #2 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CCH 35-14
-
Beechwood 26 Corbin 10
Beechwood woke up. Big win. Good job Tigers
-
Lexington Catholic/DeSales Updates
Wow!! Up 24-3 and now tied. Beau made it look easy against CCH last week. What's going on with LexCath?
-
5A #2 Covington Catholic vs. 6A Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
CCH 49-0
-
6A #8 Simon Kenton vs. 5A #4 Highlands Predictions/Updates
35-14 sounds about right.
-
2A #4 Beechwood vs. 4A #5 Corbin ***Upset Alert***
Beechwood still trying to figure it out. Young team playing tough competition. They will be tougher by the end of the year for the playoffs.
-
Class 5A Notebook (9/8): Colonels Avoid Catastrophe In Colossal Catholic Collision
I think it will be a great rivalry game this year between HHS and CCH. Plus it's at Highlands again this year. Always tough to play there. Last year's regular season game was 21-14. It was spitting rain during that game last year and so that made CCH more one dimensional with the sophomore QB struggling during that game. But should be another classic between the 2 programs.
-
Cal Preps Ratings 9/8
True. Let the games be played. I do agree on many teams being either overrated or underrated in first part of the year.
-
Cal Preps Ratings 9/8
I like coaches or the sports press from state of Kentucky to actually rank KY schools. Calpreps is always questionable on their rankings. I don't know where they get their info from.
-
Class 5A Notebook (9/8): Colonels Avoid Catastrophe In Colossal Catholic Collision
It was good to see Cov Cath get tested in a regular season game. Lex Cath is a good opponent. They should be #2 in 4A behind Boyle. CCH first 2 opponents where weak. Tough to tell how good CCH really was after first few weeks. CCH next 4 games will be blowouts too against weak opponents then back to back weeks against LaSalle (OH) and Highlands. CCH schedule is definately weaker than previous years. They had Kings (OH), Indy Bishop Chatard, Columbus St Francis DeSales. We shall see how it plays out.
-
Cal Preps Ratings 9/8
I think Scott County and Lex Cath should be ranked higher. Lex Cath probably number 2 in 4A behind Boyle. Both should be in top 10. I think there is no front runner in 5A between the top 5-6 schools. You could reshuffle the rankings on those schools every week if you wanted. I like the parity in 5A. Highlands could beat Cov Cath this year. HHS is better than last year and CCH is slightly down from last year. South Warren was suppose to be down this year but they are looking good so far. I don't take calpreps rankings too seriously anyways.