Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A #4 Beechwood vs. 4A #5 Corbin ***Upset Alert***

Who wins this matchup? 68 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this matchup? Beechwood sits at 0-2 on the season.Corbin sits at 2-1 on the season.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beechwood still trying to figure it out. Young team playing tough competition. They will be tougher by the end of the year for the playoffs.

This game will be closer than last week's loss to Somerset. Can Beechwood pull the upset? What are Corbin's strengths and weaknesses?

Corbin 35-14.

Being a NKY fan this one pains me. Corbin wins easily in this one.

I am going to say this one is closer than what people think. BW is down but Corbin is pretty young. I believe Corbin has a freshman QB and their best athlete, who is really good, is a sophomore. Game is at Beechwood. I say Corbin wins 20-14.

I agree with those above saying this game is closer than many expect. The game is at Beechwood and it is their home opener. I have watched some film on Corbin and they are good but Beechwood can stay with them. The Tigers need to play their best game of the year to get the upset win but I believe they can do it. It should be a good game. I will go with Beechwood winning 28-21.

Voting leaning heavily in favor of a Redhound win. I think game is close for a while before Corbin pulls away in the second half.

How close this game is will depend on the health of Beechwood. They've had a lot of players go down the first 2 weeks.

This game will be closer than last week's loss to Somerset. Can Beechwood pull the upset? What are Corbin's strengths and weaknesses?

 

I couldn't really give you an in-depth scouting report, but they're not quite what they were a year ago due to the loss of a lot of experienced, talented kids, namely Estep at QB. They do have several really good pieces back, though. Trayveon Longmire is a sure fire future Power Five commit, and kids like DE Ethan Wine (last year's statewide sack leader), RB Nick Yeager, WR Jake Steely, LB Cole Shelton, and OL Logan Smith are other standout names.

 

The one position Beechwood will definitely have an advantage at is QB. Corbin's QB is just a freshman, and from what I can tell, he's mostly in game manager mode this season. It doesn't look like they stretch the field with the passing game as much this year as they have with Estep and Cameron Sizemore in recent years.

 

With the game being in Fort Mitchell in front of their first home crowd of the season, I look for the Tigers to play inspired football, especially after last week's loss. But I don't know that it will be enough.

#13 Treyveon Longmire, is a fast sophomore and he can be very dangerous, when he cuts it up field and not head directly to the sideline. Nick Yeager is 210 pounds of meanness, who seems to like hitting people even when he has the ball. Jake Steely is a nice solid player, who catches the ball well when he gets the chance.

I like Corbin in this one.

The more I look at this game, the closer I see it. A look at games played by each team so far makes me think this is a one touchdown game. If someone wins by more than a touchdown, it will likely be Corbin. I don't see the difference being more than 2 touchdowns. This would be a really big win for Beechwood if they pull it off.

The key matchup in this game is Corbin's three-headed running attack of Longmire/Kidd/Yeager vs. Beechwood's front seven. Can the Tigers step up this week and not get pushed around like they did vs. Somerset? If the Tigers can stand strong in the trenches, I believe they win this game by a TD late.

 

If they can't.....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.