68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with those above saying this game is closer than many expect. The game is at Beechwood and it is their home opener. I have watched some film on Corbin and they are good but Beechwood can stay with them. The Tigers need to play their best game of the year to get the upset win but I believe they can do it. It should be a good game. I will go with Beechwood winning 28-21.

This game will be closer than last week's loss to Somerset. Can Beechwood pull the upset? What are Corbin's strengths and weaknesses?

I couldn't really give you an in-depth scouting report, but they're not quite what they were a year ago due to the loss of a lot of experienced, talented kids, namely Estep at QB. They do have several really good pieces back, though. Trayveon Longmire is a sure fire future Power Five commit, and kids like DE Ethan Wine (last year's statewide sack leader), RB Nick Yeager, WR Jake Steely, LB Cole Shelton, and OL Logan Smith are other standout names.

The one position Beechwood will definitely have an advantage at is QB. Corbin's QB is just a freshman, and from what I can tell, he's mostly in game manager mode this season. It doesn't look like they stretch the field with the passing game as much this year as they have with Estep and Cameron Sizemore in recent years.

With the game being in Fort Mitchell in front of their first home crowd of the season, I look for the Tigers to play inspired football, especially after last week's loss. But I don't know that it will be enough.

#13 Treyveon Longmire, is a fast sophomore and he can be very dangerous, when he cuts it up field and not head directly to the sideline. Nick Yeager is 210 pounds of meanness, who seems to like hitting people even when he has the ball. Jake Steely is a nice solid player, who catches the ball well when he gets the chance.

I like Corbin in this one.

The more I look at this game, the closer I see it. A look at games played by each team so far makes me think this is a one touchdown game. If someone wins by more than a touchdown, it will likely be Corbin. I don't see the difference being more than 2 touchdowns. This would be a really big win for Beechwood if they pull it off.

The key matchup in this game is Corbin's three-headed running attack of Longmire/Kidd/Yeager vs. Beechwood's front seven. Can the Tigers step up this week and not get pushed around like they did vs. Somerset? If the Tigers can stand strong in the trenches, I believe they win this game by a TD late.

If they can't.....