Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #2 Covington Catholic vs. Cooper Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      97%
    • Cooper
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Can Covington Catholic remain undefeated? Or, will Cooper be able to show they deserve some respect? Who wins this Northern Kentucky Battle?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cov cath wins big but all these non-competive games for Covcath, it scares me when it comes time to play LaSalle and Highlands.

CovCath by a lot of points. Likely noncompetitive.

 

I agree and I think it will be another running clock for CovCath.

Does Lee play any quarterback for the Jags now or is he only a wide receiver?

Does Lee play any quarterback for the Jags now or is he only a wide receiver?

 

From the game stats, the only game he got reps at QB was against Ryle. IMO, Lee has a better chance at doing damage against CCH at WR.

Does Lee play any quarterback for the Jags now or is he only a wide receiver?

 

He should play receiver, he is more dangerous there. They are pretty one dimensional when he plays QB.

I say a running clock before half-time. Jags have played a weak schedule. They won't make it out of the districts.

The goal for the Colonels tonight is the cut out the penalties, cut out the turnovers, and get through the game without any injuries. Those 7 penalties from last week just CANNOT happen any more, and the offense is averaging about 1 turnover per game halfway through the season.

I say a running clock before half-time. Jags have played a weak schedule. They won't make it out of the districts.

 

Hmm. What does this mean?

Hmm. What does this mean?

 

I'm assuming that meant not "making out of district games into the playoffs". With 5 teams in their district, I believe that means that team with the worst district record does not make the playoffs. I would have to think Cooper is going to beat Boone County, and Boone will be the one that fails to make the playoffs.

These two teams have played twice. Cov Cath shut out Cooper 41-0 in 2017 and beat them 54-7 in 2018.

 

Based on Cov Cath's defensive performances this year, I'm thinking Cooper has a tough time scoring tonight. Unless Coach Borchers has a few tricks up his sleeve, I think there's a real chance that a pick-6 may be the Jags' best chance at scoring. The score may well end up something close to the 2017 game.

With the exception of Jeremiah Lee's involvement in throwing the pass that scored Cooper's lone touchdown last year, no one on Cooper's current football team has ever scored on Covington Catholic.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

If I am Cooper I throw the ball to Jeremiah Lee as many times as possible. They will have to be quick passes but that does not mean you can't throw it long. I would tell Warth to get rid of the ball fast, throw it long and high, and tell Lee to go get it. I think Cov Cath's DB's are the most vulnerable part of their defense.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.