CCHDynasty

Who wins?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it is a close and a competitive game. As long as Cov Cath don't get blown out because I don't want to listen to all the people saying how dominate Cincinnati football is compared to NKY.

I do think LaSalle will win because their level of competition has been far greater than what Cov Cath has played and LaSalle has been blowing teams out so far this year. Besides Lex Cath, Cov Cath has played no one, running clocks, starters pulled at halftime in 6 of 7 games. CovCath starters will definitely be playing the whole game this week so we shall see what their endurance looks like against a great team.

The key for CovCath to win is no stupid turnovers, I think we can move the ball, our offense is explosive so we can pout points up. The big question mark will be the CCH secondary, they got abused by Beau Allen earlier this year. I don't how good of a passer LaSalle QB is but I'm sure the coach will have a good game plan ready to attack CCH secondary.

I believe in Eddie Eviston, great coach, he will have a good game plan as well so hopefully Cov Cath can walk away with a victory. It would be a big statement win and would put the rest of the 5A teams on notice.

This is where we find out how good this Covington Catholic team is. Let there be no doubt, Cov Cath deserves their current ranking and they are one of the top 2-3 favorites to win it all in 5A. But this is a different level of opponent.

For me, if Cov Cath keeps it within two scores, I will be impressed. Even a 3 TD loss will raise my opinion on Cov Cath. If they lose by 4 TD's, it changes nothing about my opinion that Cov Cath should be at #2 in the 5A rankings. If the Cov Cath offense puts up more than 2 scores, that will be a bit of a surprise for me. The key to that is the Jacob to Mayer connection getting on track. The Colonels may hang tough even through the first half. When it is all over, I see at least a 3 TD win for La Salle. I will go with La Salle 35 Cov Cath 13. Cov Cath gets one TD and two Gronotte field goals.

Edited by Voice of Reason

CalPreps ranks LaSalle ahead of Male and Trinity, so the Lancers would be the #1 team in Kentucky.

This will be an excellent chance to see how CovCath stacks up with the overall #9 team in Ohio and #3 team in Cincinnati.

If CovCath can win the turnover battle, they should be able to hang around.

LaSalle quarterback Zach Branam is a good one.

Through the air he has completed 66% of his passes for nearly a 9 yard average on 44 completions.

On the ground he has rushed for 537 yards on 54 attempts for nearly a 10 yard average per carry.

As a team, the Lancers average a little over 7 yards a carry.

LaSalle is #3 but that is also in Division 2 in Ohio. To say they are #3 in Ohio is not correct. They are no Elder or St X.

LaSalle is as good or better than Elder or St. X.

They are a few students below the cut off for a Division 1 school - that doesn’t change the fact that they play against primarily Division 1 opponents.

The years they won the Division 2 state title, they were probably the best team in the state....they seem to be exhibiting the same dominance this year. But I guess we will see when they play Elder and St. X later this year.