CCHDynasty

Who wins?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time CovCath lost in a running clock was against Cincy St. X on 8/28/15 by a score of 57-7. And before that was against Highlands in 2014, 42-7.

Didn't Sycamore have the clock running against us the week after the game against Cincy St. X? Final score against Sycamore was 42-7, and I believe the OHSAA rule is that the clock starts at a 30 point margin and stops once the margin is reduced to less than 30. Game was at Sycamore.

Cam Porter ('20) - 3-star running back, Northwestern commit.

Jake Seibert ('20) - 5-star kicker, Ohio State commit.

Cole Hilenbrand ('20) - Safety with offers from Dayton, Butler, and Valparaiso.

Luke Thiemann ('20) - Linebacker with offers from Colgate, Tiffin, Ohio Dominican, and Robert Morris.

Markell Harden ('20) - Offensive guard with offers from Butler and Mount St. Joseph.

Jaylen Johnson ('21) - 3-star safety, with offers from Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Penn State, Oklahoma, Akron, Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville, Louisiana State, Toledo, Liberty, Western Michigan, and Michigan State.

DeVonta Smith ('21) - 3-star cornerback, with offers from Cincinnati, Kentucky, Minnesota, Akron, Boston College, Toledo, Liberty and Western Michigan.

Iesa Jarmon ('21) - Cornerback with offers from Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo, Liberty and Western Michigan.

Jaymar Mundy ('21) - Cornerback with offers from Toledo and Western Michigan.

Gavin Robbins ('21) - Offensive tackle being recruited by Miami (OH), Cincinnati, Akron and Liberty.

Jaylen Norwood ('21) - Wide receiver/cornerback being recruited by Miami (OH).

My goodness. How do 5 different DBs on the same team get DI recognition? Ugh. This game is looking worse and worse the more we examine it.

I think a big key to the game will be the Qb Caleb Jacob, He has got to feel confident in the pocket and not be hesitant in his throws. I have seen a lot of hesitation in his throws against bad teams so far this year. He's going to see a lot of pressure coming on Friday so he is going to need accurate throws to keep drives alive and keep LaSalle off the field. I hope he has a good game.

If CCH doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, I think Eddie can game plan a way to keep the game competitive. He is not without some athletes and himself.

Eddie is the master at the game plan. You hit the nail on the head with turnovers and penalties.

My goodness. How do 5 different DBs on the same team get DI recognition? Ugh. This game is looking worse and worse the more we examine it.

"Worse"? Not really. "More difficult"? Absolutely.

This game isn't necessarily about winning. I mean, of COURSE we want to win it and will do all we can to win it, but the main goal for the season isn't beating LaSalle, beating out of state competition, or staying undefeated. The main goal for the season is winning state. Let's be honest, Cov Cath hasn't been really challenged to their full ability in most of their games when they're winning .

Lex Cath has been their one big challenge of 2019. I, for one, am really, really glad that game turned out to be such a challenge. For a lot of these guys, the only times they have ever had the feeling of being against the ropes was last year against Highlands during the regular season, and in the state finals. I'm glad to have had them be put in a situation where they really had to play hard, and find a way do dig deep and fight for a win. It also identified what areas really needed to be worked on.

This LaSalle game is the same thing. Even if we end up with a loss, this game was guaranteed from the minute the contract was signed to be a real challenge for the team. This is a major test for our team, win or loss, and is intended to make them better and to prepare them for the playoffs - when there's no way to win a championship without getting past a team with 4 or 5 D1 players of their own.

"Worse"? Not really. "More difficult"? Absolutely.

This game isn't necessarily about winning. I mean, of COURSE we want to win it and will do all we can to win it, but the main goal for the season isn't beating LaSalle, beating out of state competition, or staying undefeated. The main goal for the season is winning state. Let's be honest, Cov Cath hasn't been really challenged to their full ability in most of their games when they're winning .

Lex Cath has been their one big challenge of 2019. I, for one, am really, really glad that game turned out to be such a challenge. For a lot of these guys, the only times they have ever had the feeling of being against the ropes was last year against Highlands during the regular season, and in the state finals. I'm glad to have had them be put in a situation where they really had to play hard, and find a way do dig deep and fight for a win. It also identified what areas really needed to be worked on.

This LaSalle game is the same thing. Even if we end up with a loss, this game was guaranteed from the minute the contract was signed to be a real challenge for the team. This is a major test for our team, win or loss, and is intended to make them better and to prepare them for the playoffs - when there's no way to win a championship without getting past a team with 4 or 5 D1 players of their own.

No I completely agree. I don't care if CovCath loses, I just care about us not being humiliated or shut out. But with this defense I dont know how they're going to score at all. I'm looking forward to Michael Mayer making an impact, after all, he did beat against some of the the top defenders in the nation in the summer camp thing.

No I completely agree. I don't care if CovCath loses, I just care about us not being humiliated or shut out. But with this defense I dont know how they're going to score at all. I'm looking forward to Michael Mayer making an impact, after all, he did beat against some of the the top defenders in the nation in the summer camp thing.

I too am looking forward to how Mayer does against this defense, but when he was beating some of the top defenders in the nation, he was being thrown to from some of the best QBs in the nation. I believe I saw in another thread where someone said they thought that Royer (Elder TE) was better than Mayer, and he very well may be, but he also has a different QB throwing him the ball. This isn't a shot at Caleb, but I don't think he has had the year that some were expecting. I think this could be a statement game for Caleb for how he can play in big time games against big time competition.

Our Link Policy reads in part:

III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.