Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Covington Catholic vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
Ok, maybe no running clock in 1st half just because its first game of the year and they may be rusty but running clock at some point. It was 45-0 last year so probably similar this year.
-
Covington Catholic vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
I guess we will find out on Friday. I got faith in them. They said the same thing last year when we lost McGinness and Coldiron to graduation and looked what we did last year. Owen Nally will be a good RB this year for the blue colonels.
-
Covington Catholic vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
CCH will have too much fire power on offense for Dixie to stop. CCH will score quick and easily and have a running clock by half.
-
Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule
If CCH likes to schedule a Lexington school each year then I would like to see them play FD or Scott Co each year instead of the Lex Cath or Henry Clay. Stay in the 5A and it helps the RPI big time if you win these games.
-
2020 Mr. Football Preseason Watchlist (9/4)
I'm bias but I like Caleb Jacob. Three year starting QB, the nephew to the head coach Eddie Eviston who is a offensive genius. He has great size 6'4 and probably 215 pds, strong arm, has a great touch and accuracy on his passes. He also has tall receivers in Reardon at 6'5 and that new Tight End they got coming Skyler Schmidt who is 6'8.
-
Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule
Any word on the open date for October 9th or is Cov Cath only playing 8 games. I love to see them play Frederick Douglass that week.
-
What are you looking forward to this season?
Can my Cov Cath Colonels make it to the 5A state championship game 4 years in a row. They have a 3 year starting QB to lead the way.
-
What 2021-2022 games would you like to see?
Should I say it and start mass chaos, CCH vs Trinity of course.
-
2019 KFCA Mr. Football - Michael Mayer
Michael definitely deserved Mr Football. Congrats and go Colonels.
-
Mr. Football Watchlist: Now that the dust has settled, where do we stand?
Give it to Michael Mayer. Let CCH have one Mr. Football. We have 8 state titles, plenty of great athletes that have gone thru the program and never even close on Mr. Football award. I thought AJ Mayer had a shot 2 years ago but nope. Michael Mayer is a ton more talented than his older brother. No offense AJ.
-
Ranking the 12 State Teams
Still no respect for CCH. They are a machine. #1 or #2 for sure.
-
Is Boyle County the best team, not just in 4A but the entire state?
I still put Fred Douglass ahead of Boyle and JC. They did have a great defense. Made CCH fight for that win. CCH Trinity Male Fred Douglas JC Boyle
-
Covington Catholic 14 Frederick Douglass 7 (Class 5A State Championship)
Besides Nally, Reardon, and Jacobs, who does CCH have returning and any JV kids that will step up and make a big impact for next year? Of course I hope coach Eviston sticks around but I have a feeling he may go on to bigger things.
-
Covington Catholic 14 Frederick Douglass 7 (Class 5A State Championship)
Mayer should be Mr. Football.
-
Class 4A Championship: #2 Johnson Central vs. #1 Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I love it that Boyle lost. No more talking.
-
How does Michael Mayer compare to Highlands’ Derek Smith?
Highlands always ran up the score back in the 90’s. Was there even a running clock back then? Mayer has only played an entire 2nd half 4 times this year. So if CCH would run up the score which they wouldn’t then Mayer stats on offense would be much more impressive.
-
Who would win a tournament of the existing 12 team finalists?
Calpreps got CovCath beating Boyle 28-27 and beating Johnson Central 28-21. But calpreps also has CCH losing to Trinity 31-21 and Male 27-24.
-
Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Never gong to happen. But the last 3 years CCH could compete with the GCL South teams and Eddie Eviston remains our coach.
-
Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I will take CCH 16-7. Sounds like it will be a defensive battle. I think the difference will be our kicker Gronette who can easily make them in the 40 yard range if need be. It's tougher to score the closer you get to the end zone and the field shrinks. I think it's coming down to field goals in this one and Gronette will have 3.
-
Class 5A Semifinal: #4 Bowling Green at #1 Covington Catholic
I will take CCH 42-10 and another running clock. Coach Eviston will have the boys ready and focused. Again their on a mission to be state champs. Michael Mayer will have a big game too (both offense and defense) because that is what he does against better competition and he feeds off the crowd and it will be a big and loud crowd for this game just like the LaSalle game. Mayer wants the ball, he takes the game into his own hands and will make sure CCH gets the win to get back to the state final. It will fun to watch.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: Madison Southern at #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CCH by a running clock by halftime as usual. Then they will bench all starters and MS may score a late TD against CCH Jv team.
-
6A Playoffs: Round 3 Seeds
I think all the home teams will win. The most intriguing will be Male/St. X. I know Male destroyed St. X earlier this year but it's playoff time so anything can happen.
-
Class 4A Playoffs: 4A Scott at 4A #1 Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Boyle 63-0. They like running up the score.
-
5A 3rd Round Pairings
CCH and FD will win easily by running clocks. The other 2 games could be interesting especially South Oldham and Bowling Green.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #1 Covington Catholic vs. #9 Conner Predictions/Updates
CCH wins easily. I say running clock by 3rd quarter. They are on a mission to get back to state championship game and win it this time.