2019 KFCA Mr. Football - Michael Mayer

DearToday

Pleasantly surprised, a rare NKY based Mr.

Football. Congrats Mick!

How many NKY players have won? I know of Jacobs and Mayer. Lorenzen? Guidugli?

This is the KFCA Mr. Football award, which is separate from the AP Mr. Football award. It's only the second year this has ever been awarded, and it went to Wan'Dale Robinson last year from Western Hills. Robinson won both the KFCA and AP Mr. Football awards last year.

So to answer your question in regard to this award, Mike is the first NKY player to have won it.

The AP Mr. Football award has had four winners from the northern Kentucky area: Frank Jacobs ('86), Shaun Alexander ('94), Jared Lorenzen ('98), Patrick Towles ('11). There is a full list of the winners of that award, as well as the finalists in the Mr. Football - Over The Years thread.

I posted this in a different thread, but wanted to include here:

Congrats Mike, well deserved, you have left a lasting legacy in football and basketball the last four years. Actually, some of my favorite memories were watching all the youngsters after the games getting an autograph from Mike. The looks on their face were priceless and he stayed until every last one of them got their autograph. The kid has IT and props to his parents for raising two sons who were some of the classiest individuals I have ever met. It has been fun and sad the run is over, but lucky for us, their are bigger and better things in store. There is no doubt you will go kill it at Notre Dame.