Ranking the 12 State Teams

DearToday

After watching the state games, how would you rank the 12 teams playing this past weekend?

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. Cov Cath

4. Johnson Central

5. Frederick Douglass

6. Boyle County

7. Belfry

8. Pikeville

9. Somerset

10. Bell County

11. Mayfield

12. Paintsville

Thought about flipping 2 and 3. Also, the 7-11 range was tough. I know Pikeville beat Belfry, but Belfry was also without Isaac Dixon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the state games, how would you rank the 12 teams playing this past weekend?

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. Cov Cath

4. Johnson Central

5. Frederick Douglass

6. Boyle County

7. Belfry

8. Pikeville

9. Somerset

10. Bell County

11. Mayfield

12. Paintsville

Thought about flipping 2 and 3. Also, the 7-11 range was tough. I know Pikeville beat Belfry, but Belfry was also without Isaac Dixon.

This list looks pretty good to me. I may swap Somerset and Pikeville, but overall I agree with this.

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. Cov Cath

4. Johnson Central

5. Frederick Douglass

6. Boyle County

7. Belfry

8. Pikeville

9. Somerset

10. Bell County

11. Mayfield

12. Paintsville

I would go:

1. CovCath

2. Trinity

3. Male

4. Frederick Douglass

5. Johnson Central

6. Boyle County

7. Belfry

8. Somerset

9. Pikeville

10. Mayfield

11. Bell County

12. Paintsville

Going to be a little controversial with mine...

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. Johnson Central

4. Boyle County

5. CovCath

6. Frederick Douglass

7. Belfry

8. Pikeville

9. Somerset

10. Mayfield

11. Bell County

12. Paintsville

Here's my argument on CovCath so low. When I look at their resume and close my eye on that LaSalle score.... and then look at how their offense struggled outside of riding their horse Mayer... I just see a really, really good defensive team. I think this is who CovCath is. An elite defensive team with an elite individual player. Some of their scores during the regular season reflect that, especially the Highlands games.

I think Johnson Central or Boyle neither are quite as good defensively, but they are both pretty darn good on that side of the ball and had more playmakers on offense in their system. Obviously neither have that eye popping win over LaSalle... but when we see the common shared opponents between CovCath and Boyle I can't help but give the edge to the two more complete teams.

For the smaller schools, Pikeville did beat Belfry.. but it was when Belfry was missing Dixon in a game Belfry led up until the end. Belfry also won by 3 TD's over LCA who proved to be on the same footing as Somerset and Mayfield.

Bell County may very well have been on equal footing as Somerset and Mayfield, but their results don't support making that claim. Paintsville was a solid 1A Team but clearly the weakest and least complete team in the Finals.

Going to be a little controversial with mine...

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. Johnson Central

4. Boyle County

5. CovCath

6. Frederick Douglass

7. Belfry

8. Pikeville

9. Somerset

10. Mayfield

11. Bell County

12. Paintsville

Here's my argument on CovCath so low. When I look at their resume and close my eye on that LaSalle score.... and then look at how their offense struggled outside of riding their horse Mayer... I just see a really, really good defensive team. I think this is who CovCath is. An elite defensive team with an elite individual player. Some of their scores during the regular season reflect that, especially the Highlands games.

I think Johnson Central or Boyle neither are quite as good defensively, but they are both pretty darn good on that side of the ball and had more playmakers on offense in their system. Obviously neither have that eye popping win over LaSalle... but when we see the common shared opponents between CovCath and Boyle I can't help but give the edge to the two more complete teams.

For the smaller schools, Pikeville did beat Belfry.. but it was when Belfry was missing Dixon in a game Belfry led up until the end. Belfry also won by 3 TD's over LCA who proved to be on the same footing as Somerset and Mayfield.

Bell County may very well have been on equal footing as Somerset and Mayfield, but their results don't support making that claim. Paintsville was a solid 1A Team but clearly the weakest and least complete team in the Finals.

Still no respect for CCH. They are a machine. #1 or #2 for sure.

Still no respect for Trinity and Male, thinking CCH is better than either of them.

We can play that game all day. :lol2:

My only real issue with CCH here is the fact that they struggled with FD in the title game. While I get that it was a scrimmage, and those are not always representative, Trinity made FD look like a middle school team when they played. I have a hard time believing FD got that much better as the season went along. .