Ranking the 12 State Teams

DearToday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of interesting that in the rankings on this thread everybody has JC ranked ahead of Boyle (for good reason as they beat them in the game that matters the most), but in the hypothetical best of 10 thread only 1 person has JC winning more games than Boyle.

I've noticed it too. My guess is that there are more Boyle than JC fans here.

I'd also note that Boyle lost by 1 point, a missed EP. They were one play from perhaps winning the game. It's not like it was a landslide by the Eagles.

I've noticed it too. My guess is that there are more Boyle than JC fans here.

I'd also note that Boyle lost by 1 point, a missed EP. They were one play from perhaps winning the game. It's not like it was a landslide by the Eagles.

No, but to hear a lot of Boyle fans on here, I expected a blowout WIN by Boyle. IF they played 10 times, I think Boyle wins the majority (6). The fact that JC beat them lowered a lot of opinions on Boyle.

Season performance

1.) Covington Catholic, 2.) Trinity, 3.) Johnson Central, 4.) Male, 5.) Boyle County, 6.) Frederick Douglass, 7.) Somerset, 8.) Pikeville, 9.) Belfry, 10.) North Hardin, 11.) Bell County, 12.) Mayfield

Based on strength

1.) Trinity, 2.) Covington Catholic, 3.) Male, 4.) Boyle County, 5.) Johnson Central, 6.) Frederick Douglass, 7.) North Hardin, 8.) St. Xavier, 9.) Scott County, 10.) Dupont Manual, 11.) Bowling Green, 12.) Belfry

No, but to hear a lot of Boyle fans on here, I expected a blowout WIN by Boyle.

I don't know why the Boyle fans get such a bad wrap in here. Here are the quotes from the Boyle fans on the Boyle / JC thread.

Purplepride - I feel like this will be a really good game.

West Danville - My concerns about Johnson Central have only increased as the season has progressed. Even as recent as a a month ago I felt that Boyle should win by a few scores. Now that mindset is gone. Johnson Central is the real deal and will give Boyle everything they can handle and then some. I can not make a prediction on this game. I hope Boyle pulls out the W but would not be shocked in the least if JC wins it.

Rebel - I'm not sold on a likely Boyle win. IMO this game can go either way.

Jack Lambert - If Boyle can control JC’s running game then I expect Boyle to score in the 40’s, if JC can sustain drives and eat the clock then I see a low scoring type game.

Hatz, Rebel Stat, BE Charger, SX1250.1, and BlacknGold made no predictions on the game.

These are all the comments by Boyle fans in the prediction thread. So I ask, where are these comments from Boyle fans that you speak of? Other than Jack, I believe all fans expected a close game.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/class-4a-championship-384263.html

Edited by Rebel

I don't know why the Boyle fans get such a bad wrap in here. Here are the quotes from the Boyle fans on the Boyle / JC thread.

West Danville - My concerns about Johnson Central have only increased as the season has progressed. Even as recent as a a month ago I felt that Boyle should win by a few scores. Now that mindset is gone. Johnson Central is the real deal and will give Boyle everything they can handle and then some. I can not make a prediction on this game. I hope Boyle pulls out the W but would not be shocked in the least if JC wins it.

Jack Lambert - If Boyle can control JC’s running game then I expect Boyle to score in the 40’s, if JC can sustain drives and eat the clock then I see a low scoring type game.

Hatz, Rebel Stat, BE Charger, SX1250.1, and BlacknGold made no predictions on the game.

These are all the comments by Boyle fans in the prediction thread. So I ask, where are these comments from Boyle fans that you speak of? Other than Jack, I believe all fans expected a close game.

Put away your facts, they are inconvenient.

No, but to hear a lot of Boyle fans on here, I expected a blowout WIN by Boyle. IF they played 10 times, I think Boyle wins the majority (6). The fact that JC beat them lowered a lot of opinions on Boyle.

Most people predicting a big Boyle win, weren't Boyle supporters.

Fair point! I was ambiguous in my comments. I wasn’t meaning the prediction thread, but rather how the team had been talked about on here all season. Ppride and WestDanville both thought Boyle was the 3rd best team in state and could arguably be the best (that last part from WD). I believed so as well. You can see in my post I thought that Boyle was the better team and would win a series (it’s just impossible to overcome 5 TO’s). I bought into the hype and if you trace MY posts, I didn’t think they would be challenged in 4A.