Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Moeller (OH) is looking for a head football coach...again.
I agree colonel-fan, Highlands fans should care because this can be many years of domination if Eviston stays. I hope Highlands beats Conner tonight so CCH can destroy Highlands by 40+ points in round 2.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #1 Covington Catholic vs. Cooper Predictions/Updates
Running clock by the 3rd quarter. CCH may come out rusty after bye week.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #8 Highlands at #9 Conner ***Barn Burner***
I will take Conner 21-7 in this one. Really don't matter, whoever wins will feel the Wrath of CCH in the next round.
-
NKY Power Rankings: 10-30-19
IMO, In think CCH will destroy Highlands if they get to play each other again in round 2. All this talk of CCH having a down day, or vanilla play calling, or Highlands playing a awesome game that day. It all don't matter. Just like last years playoff game, CCH will have a home game this time around and will have a running clock shut out to quite all the people.
-
2019 KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl - Class 5A Bracket
I agree with colonel-fan, don't think FD and Covcath would meet in round 3, they will probably be the top 2 in RPI rankings. If they keep winning, then I assume they would meet in state championship game.
-
Covington Catholic 27 Conner 6 (JV)
Good to hear. It looks like the future will continue to look bright for the Colonels.
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic at #8 Conner Predictions/Updates
Sounds like Conner has a bunch of dirty players on the team trying to hurt CCH with all these personal fouls.
-
5A #10 Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates
Not if Conner beats Covcath. Then winner of Highlands / Cooper gets Covcath in first round.
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic at #8 Conner Predictions/Updates
I say CCH by 3 or 4 td's. Might be more but playing on grass instead of turf. That may slow up the Colonels a little bit. Plus rain in forecast for Friday potentially making it a sloppy field.
-
LaSalle (OH) 22 St. Xavier (OH) 15
I agree with you in CCH winning 8 out of 10. I was also there at the game, CCH manhandled LaSalle in all phases of the game. LaSalle only had a total of 134 yards on offense. I think we would definitely compete with Elder or Fairfield or Colerain or whoever else may be ranked ahead of CCH in the tristate.
-
Is the 13 point loss to CovCath a moral victory for Highlands?
Yep. The Dale Mueller years killed CCH. Hoping Eviston stays at CCH for a long time and can get 10 straight years of victories over HHS like Dale did.
-
Is the 13 point loss to CovCath a moral victory for Highlands?
Covcath has 3 shutout wins over Highlands in 3 consecutive years. Ouch.
-
Frederick Douglass or Covington Catholic?
Lots of games to be played still. I hope this is the championship game. I've seen 6 CCH games this year and 0 FD games. Hard to predict never seeing a team play before. I know CCH has gotten better as year has gone on. Very interested to see how they do with Highlands this Friday. I will take Covcath because they still have a sour taste in their mouth losing that championship game last year. CCH and Michael Mayer very determined to be Champs again.
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic at #10 Highlands Predictions/Updates
Looking at the forecast, Friday looks to be dry, so should favor CCH and their balanced attack. Last year the regular season game played in the rain making them 1 dimensional. Caleb Jacob was very ineffective as a sophomore QB in that game. I think Caleb will have a big game this year.
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic at #10 Highlands Predictions/Updates
Anything can happen in a rivalry game on the road. The Colonels were heavy favorites last year and barely won 21-14. Even in the playoff game last year it was only 7-0 at halftime before we went on to win 36-0. CCH should win by 3 to 4 td's but we shall see. They better come ready to play.
-
Frederick Douglass or Covington Catholic?
If CCH can duplicate what they did last night then give me CCH. But one game at a time. We can't overlook Highlands, all they want right now is to beat us so CCH needs to stay focused.
-
Covington Catholic 27 LaSalle (OH) 7
Ohhhh no. Here we go again. You are going to pull all the Trinity people out of the woodwork stating that CCH shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Trinity. Trinity is the best team in the country, no one will ever compare to the domination of the Trinity program. LOL.
-
Covington Catholic 27 LaSalle (OH) 7
Senior.
-
Cov Cath Question
That was the 3rd game of the year, Cov Cath had a young secondary going into that game with little experience and going against a really good quarterback in Allen. Teams get better as the year goes on, players get experience, adjustments are made during the year. CovCath is obviously going to get better as the year goes on especially if Eviston is your coach.
-
NKY Power Rankings: 10-10-19
I think the top 3 look good. The rest are a toss up with beating each other. Tough to rank them.
-
Bluegrasspreps Mr. Football Watchlist (10/9)
I feel bad for Mayer because in 6 of 7 games he has been sitting on the sideline by halftime to make room for the JV. Not that a Tight End would ever win but it would be nice if he got more looks. Plus he is not a selfish player, Coach Eviston has been spreading the wealth trying to get everyone involved in that young offense before the playoffs start. Mayer will definitely play in the NFL one day unless he has a major injury. He is an absolute beast, makes me look a like little baby.
-
5A #2 Covington Catholic vs. LaSalle (OH) Predictions/Updates
I think a big key to the game will be the Qb Caleb Jacob, He has got to feel confident in the pocket and not be hesitant in his throws. I have seen a lot of hesitation in his throws against bad teams so far this year. He's going to see a lot of pressure coming on Friday so he is going to need accurate throws to keep drives alive and keep LaSalle off the field. I hope he has a good game.
-
Let's talk about the Highlands Football State of The Union
Because someone mentioned they would have better chance of winning State in 4A compared to 5A hence Boyle. Maybe not this year but as long as Boyle in 4A, Highlands would have tough time if they decide to drop down to 4A.
-
Let's talk about the Highlands Football State of The Union
Geez guys. Saying Highlands will never win again in 5A is crazy. They will eventually win again. I think they got spoiled a bit when Mueller was there winning State every year. Look at Cov Cath, we had to go 11 years in between our most recent state titles ( 2006, 2017). Cov Cath has had 3 great years in a row and it sounds like it's the end of the world for Highlands people. Besides, isn't Boyle Co the third best team in state based on rankings. Highlands has better shot of beating Covcath than they do Boyle this year. Anything can happen in a rivalry game especially when it's on the opponents field. Covcath better come ready to play next weekend because I know Highlands will be ready.
-
Class 5A Notebook (10/6): Purples halt Spartan streak
Covcath got some big games coming up with LaSalle, Highlands, and now Conner which we can't over look now with their big win this past weekend.